Help with this preamp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2012, 08:38 AM   #1
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Help with this preamp

Hi, Can somebody help me with this preamp, because I don't understand german neither technical specs. I'm not sure if this works as a buffer or not.
http://www.ebay.es/itm/10-fach-rausc...#ht_2564wt_971
The only preamp buffer I've used is Arjens board, but I guess that not all preamps work as Arjens board?
The reason for it isbecause I want to use an Ipad and other MP3 players as source.
Thanks a lot for the help and time.

PD: I asked the seller but no succes, dificult communication?
Old 14th November 2012, 11:02 AM   #2
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

He doesn't give any technical specs. What do you mean by a buffer? Most people mean a stage with high input impedance, low output impedance and a voltage gain around 1. My guess is that this stage has the first two characteristics, but with a higher gain. Therefore strictly not a buffer. He describes it as a preamp with volume control.
Old 14th November 2012, 11:24 AM   #3
juanito is offline juanito  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thanks,
To be honest, I don't know the technical definition of a buffer. Ups.
I only used once a tube preamp from Arjen helder to match with TA2020 board. Also because the source that was going to be used was an ipod and a laptop, and I understood that the buffer would increase the signal from these sources, apart from smoothing or inproveing the sound.
Sorry for the ignorance and if I didn't express well enough.
Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 11:46 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

It's not a buffer but a (pre)amplifier with a gain of 10. For use as a buffer you have to modify/eliminate some resistors (it is a non-inverting amp).

Hide this!Advertise here!