How to make LME49810 amp 2 ohm stable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im thinking to buy this module as matching transistors will be much more expensive for a 5 pair output stage.
http://www.connexelectronic.com/documents/LME49810_Audio_Amplifier_Module.pdf

now the problem is that we would be driving two 15 inch drivers in parallel with effective imp 4 ohms... now I just want to know two things..

1. what to do so that the amp is stable in 2 ohms for driving those 15 inch drivers..

2. How much current can be delivered by each transistor in operation.

4.If high VA psu is placed then does the amp be stable in 2 ohms?

For a proper 2 ohm operation the output stage must be a Triple emitter follower one a.k.a 3-deep darlington, though the LME49180 shows an inbuilt pre driver stage but the effectiveness cannot be tested until experimented. Also the output transistors are less in numbers for what is required in 2 ohm operation.Other things like heatsinks and powersupply also needs to be doubled up.

If you want to drive the amp on +/-84 rails then at 2 ohms the power would be around 1kw provided the supply is rock solid and not sagging, which means the total output current would be 63A peak, going for atleast 10 pairs in output puts each device around 6A of load current sharing.

Basically this design is not a pro-audio one, better get something more robust .

Last edited:
what has to be done to make this module for pro audio application. Considered it can be used at 4ohm.

For 500W
Im using 1KVA R-Core psu with CRGO core material.
1,00,000uf / 100v one big capacitor for each rail.

For 1000W i would be using 2KVA psu

I would like how can I add more output transistors? how many pairs can be added for that driver?

I would like to drive this one..
http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/product.aspx?PId=117&MId=3

the speaker is rated as 1200RMS into 4 ohms.

Thought to use two of that above modules in bridged mode with DRV134..

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
i think this one would be sufficient for driving it in 4 ohms..

13 pairs of output devices...

I dont understand, why the connex :confused:
1000watt amp module fully assembled and tested ? yeah, right :eek:

using a 2kva suppy for class AB and expecting 1000watts wouldnt be a problem I believe... or we might even increase the psu to 3kva for more headroom...

ok, no problem :rolleyes:
I have 2kVA trafos, and I can barely lift just one of them :eek:

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Looking at Connex. 550 w moule specs, 78v rails 4R load is plenty

ah, its standard specs ? the shown heatsink looks a bit small for that :confused:

but this 1200watt from Ground Sound I would trust more ;)

The maximum power output depends on voltage supply, heat sink and load conditions. Recommendations: Voltage supply of + / - 95V, heat sink less than 0,2 K / W and minimum load of 1,5Ω.

Attachments

• ground sound pa12cc_b.jpg
    ground sound pa12cc_b.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.