uPC1237 too slow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody.
I built this circuit up from the datasheet. Works great, except that if I use a fresh 9V battery on the loudspeaker connections to check operation, it switches in to protect, but only after 2 seconds. Is this normal? Should I use a higher voltage perhaps to test( don't wanna damage my speakers)

This could be normal and depends on you RC combination at the input of your circuit.
For example, I'm using the TA7317 chip for this, for 9V at the input, the response time is 0.2s when using an RC combination of 56k/47µF.

What is your RC combination?

Attachments

• TA7317.JPG
    TA7317.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 482
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The 'error voltage' (in your case 9V) is also of importance.
The error voltage charges the C through the R and the time it takes for the C to charge to the switching threshold depends also on the voltage. There is always a delay to avoid switching on too fast with a bass frequency signal. 0.2 secs for 9V doesn't sound too bad to me.

The other thing is the threshold voltage (point where switching occurs) which also is variable and must be set.

Can you post the circuit diagram of your setup?

jan didden

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.