Capicator Whine? PPI PC2350

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Recently got into messing around with my 2350. Basic facts to start out:

• Had multiple PPI serial numbers, must have been sent back to PPI to be repaired a couple times
  • Broke the warranty seal to open her up for these pictures
  • Pulling just over 3 amps idle
  • Still gives off whine when RCA leads are disconnected

She gives off a high pitched noise at idle and also when the bass hits.

At the 3 minute mark there is a rattle from the other amp I have attached to the box.

My quick research is leading me to think it is capacitor whine, but let me know what you guys think.

[YOUTUBE]2350 - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The high pitch tone(s) isn't "capacitor whine". The PSU is misbehaving through a fault condition and obviously, PPI will already be aware they have a problem, particularly with warranty and the easy means for owners to fiddle with it. Check the rail voltages to the amplifiers(s) when you mess around with it and measure what you are doing against a schematic.

You might try others who use large auto sound equipment in the right (car audio) forum.

The high pitch tone(s) isn't "capacitor whine". The PSU is misbehaving through a fault condition and obviously, PPI will already be aware they have a problem, particularly with warranty and the easy means for owners to fiddle with it. Check the rail voltages to the amplifiers(s) when you mess around with it and measure what you are doing against a schematic.

You might try others who use large auto sound equipment in the right (car audio) forum.

Thank you, will move.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.