Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 73 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2013, 07:22 AM   #721
diyAudio Member

Default A small error remain in the pcboard layout... was not fixed by Juan

Zimmer informed the error remain there.

Please, do not assemble the last pcboard published in thread above till i post the fixed layout.

The schematic shows two output pair, in the reality we are using three, this is a matter to include on more only.

Soon we gonna have this fixed.

regards,

Carlos
Old 26th March 2013, 07:33 PM   #722
diyAudio Member

Default We are fixing the layout and also making an upgrade into the Dx Supply

It was made to be used together the Dx Super A.... good to feed two channels pumping full power... reason why i have changed something in the schematic..include more capacitors and one transistor more.

Resistor of 0.000001 is the resistance of the cable.... do not worry...it is nothing.

Coils are two layers, each layer may have 12 to 15 turns, wire is 0.5 to 1 milimeter diameter... total turns from 24 to 30 turns... resistor will be the core, as 3.3 ohms resistor, a 5 watts unit.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Supply upgrade parts modified.jpg (296.3 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg Dx Supply upgrade.jpg (257.1 KB, 374 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 26th March 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 27th March 2013, 01:17 PM   #723
diyAudio Member

Default We are working into the Dx Supply layout..nobody sleeping here

Working hard...without stop.

Juan is increasing high current tracks width.

Here you have also an example of connections...observe fuses...each one of them must be calculated based into your parameters....if you are novice and wants some help.... a beginner...then come to uncle charlie and i gonna give you, gladly, a helping hand.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Track enlargement.jpg (924.8 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg Connections, conexões.jpg (405.0 KB, 317 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 27th March 2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 28th March 2013, 08:36 AM   #724
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Working hard...without stop.

Juan is increasing high current tracks width.

Here you have also an example of connections...observe fuses...each one of them must be calculated based into your parameters....if you are novice and wants some help.... a beginner...then come to uncle charlie and i gonna give you, gladly, a helping hand.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos
post723,
the switch must go in the same Live feed as the fuse.
Old 28th March 2013, 10:00 PM   #725
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have updated files about the Dx Supply

It is appointed to be used together the Dx Super A.... in a matter of fact, any series pass regulator will fit..the ones have error amplifier.

This one was hardly tested since they where published by Ampex in 1973...i have modified a little but it remains almost the same circuit.

Enjoy and be happy...here you have updated files about it.

Please, do not build before you have read all Dx Supply thread...if you need some help, then email me your parameters and i will give you some help about... Dx Supply thread is here

Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

read it from the first to the last post to know the evolution and all details you must know to decide what to do further.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dx Regulator Coqui.pdf (68.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf hot iron.pdf (31.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 29th March 2013, 05:37 AM   #726
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry folks, but remain error in pcboard

Juan made a mistake again

Because of that he will assemble the next fixed circuit at home in advance to publish images or send em to me.

I am sorry.

Do not assemble the last posted images because has serious errors.

regards,

Carlos
Old 29th March 2013, 10:21 AM   #727
Qmara is offline Qmara  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Juan made a mistake again

Because of that he will assemble the next fixed circuit at home in advance to publish images or send em to me.

I am sorry.

Do not assemble the last posted images because has serious errors.

regards,

Carlos
thank you for your information uncle charlie, but which one of the last posted image were mistake, i mean from what page / post.
Old 29th March 2013, 01:15 PM   #728
diyAudio Member

Default No image is good...first because we made update... we have made a new

and better, and stronger supply.... all images posted after that...with the new supply, had mistakes.

So, you can trust in the last schematic posted (green and yellow frame surrounding it) but you should not trust in any layout published.

This forum does not allow us to delete posted images...better would be if we could delete the wrong ones..but i cannot..so..they are still there, posted and wrong.

Do not assemble based in ANY layout made to the Dx Supply.

One that i have made by hand you can trust..but that one is the first model that is too much weak and cannot face the drain of current of two channels operating full power at 2 ohms loads.

Answer is "no one!".... no layout is really fine.

Wait the Zimmer layout or Juan Vargas layout tested with photograph of prototype assembled and tested shown as certificate and guarantee of quality and reliability.

regards

Carlos
Old 29th March 2013, 01:50 PM   #729
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have the schematic

If you can, then make your own layout or wait our future fixed (real fixed) layout that gonna be posted together picture to show you it was tested.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Supply, march 29.jpg (337.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg Dx Supply, parts modified, update march, 29.jpg (356.7 KB, 83 views)
Old 30th March 2013, 01:01 PM   #730
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have updated schematic

Was revised today.

Do not worry about sufix AG.... the numbers are correct, also the prefix.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013.jpg (669.7 KB, 108 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!