Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 65 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2013, 07:52 PM   #641
wiljj78 is offline wiljj78  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi_Ratlos View Post
Willjj782, did you isolate the nuts and bolts of the build of the transformers?
If not, then you are introducing an additional secondary transformer winding, painted pink. This is not good!

Best regards - Rudi

On the first time when I install and power them up all together the problem occur and I try to insulate the bolts and nuts vs. the aluminum plate on top in order not to act as a short winding, and later when I found the solution of the root cause, I try to remove the improvise insulation and they all works fine and no problem.
Thanks Rudy
Regards,
Wiljj78
Old 6th March 2013, 07:54 PM   #642
diyAudio Member

Default Very good observation Rudi...thank you

A short with high consumption and heat.

Good to have you around Rudi.

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th March 2013, 07:59 PM   #643
diyAudio Member

This idea is ingenious tunnel wiljj78!

Regards!
Old 6th March 2013, 08:18 PM   #644
diyAudio Member

Default The idea is very good....but how you manage to control the wind noise

dear WillJJ78.

Have you reduce the fan speed with step down voltage regulators?

How was the performance pushing the amplifier hard.... what is the temperature you have achieved in the heatsink?

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th March 2013, 08:56 PM   #645
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
WOW! Willy I didn't know you are so hard core, be careful with that don't get hurt dear friend.

Regards
Juan
Old 6th March 2013, 09:02 PM   #646
diyAudio Member

Default Willy is nice.

I do like him a lot, was very difficult to me to dennie to him gerbers...you see he wanted to stretch the board to use his Sankens....i did it with a broken heart to protect the precious design.

Maybe i am over protecting.....maybe.

You see me playing with him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMxj380J98

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th March 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 09:39 PM   #647
diyAudio Member

Default Almost done

A couple of days more and will go to the manufacturer.

First we gonna check several times...Zimmer will check several times..after his approval i gonna check several times... after my approval Juan will check several times.

The idea here is a single supply to feed two channels pumping out 330 watts RMS at 2 ohms with 5 percent distortion each channel..so...full power or much higher than full power that is 240 watts RMS with a very small distortion (0.008% THD)

Not ready yet...this is just to show you how it gonna look..what gonna be the size....it may have mistakes and we gonna find all them.

Yes we will..for sure we will.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: png Almost done.png (45.7 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th March 2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 7th March 2013, 05:59 AM   #648
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project16 View Post
This idea is ingenious tunnel wiljj78!

Regards!
Thanks Dear Project16.

Regards,
Wiljj78
Old 7th March 2013, 06:34 AM   #649
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
dear WillJJ78.

Have you reduce the fan speed with step down voltage regulators?

How was the performance pushing the amplifier hard.... what is the temperature you have achieved in the heatsink?

regards,

Carlos
Ohh... Uncle Charlie I 'am unable to operates these toroid's when i have this problem before, I’m in trouble for more than 2 weeks because of this issue, luckily with the help of my NE555 toggle switch I surprise when there is a fault on my AC input this toggle switch cut’s off the AC supply automatically (not sure how does it happen but it helps me a lot when there’s a fault occur on the toroid's and it works like a breaker switch but of course AC input fuse still there to do the right job in case) and these guys are right I didn’t expect these gentleman easily captured this point in my pictures, Thanks to you guys… if you notice in my first build I even make in 3 layers to supply my Class H Amp. before, they on top of each other and if you can see there is insulation plastic sheet on the nuts to protect the contact against the aluminum plate, this is my 1st solution but I’m not happy about it but later I finally found the solution these 3 layers of toroid’s works perfect and normal, very quiet and safe.

Regarding my cooling fan they actually 12-24VDC and fed from my temporary dual speaker protect with regulated fan control, so the fan works in low speed and very quiet when the heat sink temp. Is about 30-45 deg. And the fan speed only increase when the heat sinks temp. Increased

Regards,
Wiljj78
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0078.JPG (327.6 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by wiljj78; 7th March 2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 7th March 2013, 06:52 AM   #650
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasmongo3435 View Post
WOW! Willy I didn't know you are so hard core, be careful with that don't get hurt dear friend.

Regards
Juan
Thanks dear Juan don't worry, this is just my Extracurricular activity after work, to enjoy the music of my toy’s and to release some stress….. hehehehe..

This 12 meter tower is my baby too and I’m enjoying when I’m up there….

Regards,
Wiljj78
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01911.JPG (928.2 KB, 222 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!