Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th February 2013, 09:12 PM   #591
diyAudio Member

Default No guarantee it gonna work into your home

the BD139 gain is critical...mine is more or less 200 of gain.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plug and play.jpg (747.1 KB, 286 views)
Old 27th February 2013, 01:43 PM   #592
diyAudio Member

hello Carlos!

I'm not an electronics expert but I have a question running through my head.
Q30 and Q37 (BD139, 140) mounted on the same heat sink as the final transistor they will have no problem to evacuate their own heat?

Apologies if I say foolishness.

Regards!
Old 27th February 2013, 08:10 PM   #593
diyAudio Member

Default I do not discuss theories.

If you feel afraid of thermal drift...do not assemble this amplifier..it has and i made it this way..i calculated it this way..i want the effect.

Was tested and no problems using fan.

Theories only creates troubles..... questions alike that, drive people to "land" here to discuss the sex of the angels (they have not sex)..and this does not help us.

Theories does not make sound.... analises of my design also does not change it's real world behavior.

So, it is a big waste of time, as i use to test to make my units shielded against buggers.

People when cannot create things, have not courage, or skills, hate you because you do and then they try to destroy your design...and all starts with an innocent question alike yours.

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 27th February 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 27th February 2013, 08:13 PM   #594
diyAudio Member

Default I am very happy because pcboards made in Brasil will

be white and black the way i want.

Also we have Zimmer that will make the Dx Supply and gonna offer Dx Supply pcboards to Brasil and also for you all if you want it.

Dx Supply gonna be based in Juan layout..authorized by Juan the copy of the basic layout and some changes gonna be made by Zimmer...and this was the suggestion made by Juan Vargas himself.

He said:

- You can use it, but try to modify to put in the layout some art work from yourself.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brazilian Dx Super A will have black and white pcboards.jpg (198.4 KB, 218 views)
Old 27th February 2013, 08:30 PM   #595
diyAudio Member

This amplifier draws me more and I'll build it (I have collected almost all components). I compared just the design of DX and DX Super A.
Since I do not have much compétances technical information I always learn more.

Regards!
Old 27th February 2013, 08:56 PM   #596
diyAudio Member

Default Two piste of my music album!

Uncle Charlie!

Here are two songs that I composed, fun for the DX Super A!

https://soundcloud.com/project16

All the best 73's
Old 27th February 2013, 08:56 PM   #597
diyAudio Member

Default I am so happy Zimmer found a Brazilian factory that does the pcboard

In white with black silk screen...and can put the silk screen in any colour i want.

Sadly could not make the pcboard at the light brown milky colour i wanted... alike light Coffee mixed with Milk.... something traditional in my country is Coffee mixed with Milk and bread with butter (french bread we use here..baguette).

But white is also reasonable...and sometimes because some ink metalic component, it becomes yellow when time passes by and may reach the colou i want when time passes by.

I had a Technics system this way...unforgeatable unit and i regret i have sold it...was a terrible foolish i have made...the unit was very good....and it used this kind of pcboards.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Technics.jpg (131.6 KB, 203 views)
Old 27th February 2013, 09:08 PM   #598
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
In white with black silk screen...and can put the silk screen in any colour i want.

Sadly could not make the pcboard at the light brown milky colour i wanted... alike light Coffee mixed with Milk.... something traditional in my country is Coffee mixed with Milk and bread with butter (french bread we use here..baguette).

But white is also reasonable...and sometimes because some ink metalic component, it becomes yellow when time passes by and may reach the colou i want when time passes by.

I had a Technics system this way...unforgeatable unit and i regret i have sold it...was a terrible foolish i have made...the unit was very good....and it used this kind of pcboards.

regards,

Carlos
In French we say: 'Ca a de la gueule!'
Big class!
Old 27th February 2013, 09:17 PM   #599
diyAudio Member

Default Write an email to me...out from the forum system..direct mail

then i will explain you the reasons why i do not discuss theories..also i can answer your question about heat.

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Please inform if i have to speak in french of if you understand poor english or some spanish?

I use to answer people making audio messages..it is faster and easier.

But some details i do not explain here...first not to attract buggers and secondly because i do not want to teach them..they do not deserve my attention..this way i select the ones to explain things and do not open theories in the forum not to have their "contribution".

regards,

Carlos
Old 27th February 2013, 09:36 PM   #600
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
About theories:

I learn that getting to details too deep ruin your diy experience, I know there are many, many formulas and calculations for it, but remember one thing, is more enjoyable to build it just by fallowing the schematic without thinking of how it works first, do I know the frequencies respond of Dx Super A? no, do I know what is the max power in watt to 4 and 8 ohms? (Carlos already did that for us), do I know the THD from a analyzer tool "real life"? no, there are things that really don't need any more thinking just use the schematic parts numbers, solder and enjoy and a nice hot coffee while putting together the board, till today I don't have any problem with my boards except I have not replace the C13 for 150pF I be honest with you guys, maybe I'm wrong the way I'm thinking but if you are on my level "builder" please don't confuse your mind trying to "decrypted" breaking it apart the code, I say only guys with many years of experience can do that, and I mean 10, to 40 years can do that because they already have the "map on their minds and they know how to navigate to it, sorry I made this message too long but that is the way I think now, so, I place myself in a layout design that I find out is the one think I like the must, so I stay in that area, and I happy of my work I cannot complain. If you don’t believe me watch this video: DO THE HARLEM SHAKE (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

That is our mind trying to think more than what we suppose to do jejejejeje

Regards
Juan

Hide this!Advertise here!