Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 57 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2013, 08:42 AM   #561
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have the link to the Dx Supply thread

Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

last Dx Supply page shows layout and updated schematic

Juan have not ordered these boards, so, you have to make it at home by yourself.

Circuit was simplified and reduced in size, so, the in the last page you will have modified schematic and reduced size layout.

Link below explains important details... read it with carefull, if a doubt remains then post questions in that dedicated thread.

Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

Juan Vargas produced pcboards and sold them all....now a days Zimmer, from Brasil, is preparing a batch of Brazilian boards and i do think they gonna finish before release as people is going to him to make reservations:

imap.eletro@gmail.com

Juan can order new batch if he wants.... so, go to him and make your reservations... to order or not to order is up to these folks.

My job is to create, design, build and test prototype, help in the layout prepare, test the layout, assemble new prototype based into the layout and to make some advertisement with videos and posts..this is all i do...i do not touch money...thanks God i do not need to do that.

We are not awesome, we are just crazy fanatics..since very young, all of us get in passion with audio electronics...we just cannot stop to do it...it is more a disease than a quality.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Supply - a.jpg (858.2 KB, 544 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 12th February 2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 13th February 2013, 03:17 AM   #562
abetir is offline abetir  Philippines
diyAudio Member

..got it! Thank you Uncle Carlos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargasmongo3435 View Post
Ok now seriously, here is the layout with the changes to keep track of it.
Regards
Juan
Hi Juan,

...and the pdf bottom copper for etching on this new lay-out?

Regards!
Old 13th February 2013, 12:35 PM   #563
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Oh?, well yes actually is not much changes but here it is. on the UV light sensitive etching I think the way it is after is printed the ink part of the transparent will face the copper clad and then put a glass on top of it to keep the shape of the layout then apply the UV light.

here is a link as an example: Manufacture of Printed Circuit Boards - 1

here is also another example from makemagazine : Circuit Skills: Circuit Board Etching - YouTube

Regards
Juan
Attached Images
File Type: gif pcbcir3.gif (14.5 KB, 433 views)
File Type: gif pcbcir4.gif (47.5 KB, 402 views)
File Type: gif pcbcom4.gif (10.7 KB, 390 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dx Super A etching.pdf (32.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf Dx Super A light sensitive UV light.pdf (32.9 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by vargasmongo3435; 13th February 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:05 PM   #564
abetir is offline abetir  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Thank you Juan,

..as always excellent design from a new revolutionary pcb artist...
..by next month it is summertime in my place perfect for DIY works..
BTW, I do toner transfer etching. Maybe someday I could try the photosensitive etching I heard the material is expensive here in my place.

Regards!
Old 20th February 2013, 12:14 PM   #565
diyAudio Member

Dear Mr. Carlos,

I'm interested to build this amp but not really sure if the amp will perform same using +36/-36 supply and I'm thinking about the DX Blame ST, you may have explained this before but I thought I was not able to follow this thread for a long time and sure missed out a lot of informations along the line. I know that the design is based from MKII with +42/-42 supply, but if I want to adopt the Supper A to Blame ST what will be the parts I need to change? And can I still follow the same adjustment for bias?

More power to you!!!

Regards,
Wattodo
Old 20th February 2013, 02:21 PM   #566
diyAudio Member

Default Dx Super A will work fine with 36 volts too

There's no problem about it, your output power will be reduced to 50/100/180 watts RMS aproximately (8, 4 and 2 ohms)... but the overall audio quality will not change.

You may need to readjust the value of the resistor we have in series with the bias trimpot in order to adjust the current you want with this reduced supply voltage because the trimpot may not have range to do it.

Dx Blame ST is always a good option too...not anymore the best Dx amplifier because the Dx Super A have beated the Dx Blame ST...naturally, one is evolution considered the other.... last model would not be released if worse than the previous one as this does not make sense.

regards,

Carlos
Old 20th February 2013, 04:58 PM   #567
diyAudio Member

Default No problem to use 36 volts supplies

I have simulated and worked perfectly.

The bias resistor, the fixed one must be 680 ohms.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Super A operating 36 volts.jpg (330.4 KB, 300 views)
Old 20th February 2013, 05:07 PM   #568
diyAudio Member

Default It can operate with 9 plus 9 volts too.

Some distortion because VAS becomes unbiased and we can have crossover distortion...but can operate even with 4.5 puls 4.5 volts or even less.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dx Super A operating 9V symetrical.jpg (284.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 21st February 2013, 10:42 AM   #569
diyAudio Member

Wow, your amp is really amazing!!!
No worry at all because my concern is more on the sound quality and not mainly about the distortions. I've heard some amps that are advertised with distortion to be almost non-existent, yes true the sound is very clear but very fatiguing also that's why i'd rather go to an amp with a bit of distortion but pleasant to listen to.. of course it's only my personal preferences.

I believe you that's why I will try to build your amp and you always help the beginners as I consider myself to be one.

Many thanks and again more power to you!!!

//wattodo
Old 21st February 2013, 12:45 PM   #570
diyAudio Member

Default Yep... have lost a little.... it was tuned and the supply voltage is important

In the place to have a ratio of 6 to 1 related second and third harmonics.. with your supply voltage the ratio is 4 to 1..... what does this means.... more third harmonic..and humans usually do not appreciate third harmonic.

If you want the best possible performance to this amplifier..then search for a 30 plus 30 volts AC transformer.

It can operate with three AAA batteries to each rail (4.5 plus 4.5 volts)..but the sound will not be good...also the power will not be good...naturally.

There's no magic... was designed to 42 plus 42 volts.... so...the performance is optimized to this voltage..if you change something it is probable you gonna loose something..because optimized means the "best possible performance" under these conditions.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!