Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 41 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2013, 02:26 PM   #401
diyAudio Member

Default Yes to your Sankens

No, you do not need to match transistors...it is not that bad if matched... in the reality it is good to be matched....but this is no mandatory.... if you decide to match, then match the first two, the differential pair...but when you order, usually they come from the same batch and are matched... 20 percent difference is already "matched" (considered, understood as) for analog use.

About heatsink.... i am no able to say.... please inform number of fins and shape..better to post a picture or a sketch.... it looks your fins are 12 by 4 centimeters..but i need to know if all fins are the same size, the position of these fins..and the quantity of these fins...well... the informs you gave me are not enougth.

Yes, you can polarize to class AB adjusting the trimpot...put is in between 65 and 95 miliamps and you gonna have an excellent class AB amplifier....you can also remove the zener diode if you want, because it will reduce DC bias to 30 mA under high power...you can keep or remove it...your decision.... it is better to keep it there.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:54 PM   #402
diyAudio Member

what other transistors can be replaced istead of MJL4281/4302?
Old 6th January 2013, 03:03 PM   #403
diyAudio Member

What other transistors can be replaced instead of MJL4281/4302?
Old 6th January 2013, 03:19 PM   #404
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
About heatsink.... i am no able to say.... please inform number of fins and shape..better to post a picture or a sketch.... it looks your fins are 12 by 4 centimeters..but i need to know if all fins are the same size, the position of these fins..and the quantity of these fins...well... the informs you gave me are not enougth.
Thank you for this answer.
I n 'ai not make dust, çà made more than twenty years qu 'ils are in my loft!

All the best!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16ibbjd.jpg (38.2 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg 34q72bc.jpg (39.5 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by Pano; 6th January 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: fixed photos
Old 6th January 2013, 03:35 PM   #405
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Salut Project16 - bienvenue a diyAudio.
Please read this thread before posting more photos.
Pictures -- Why Not attach Them ??
I have fixed your photos.
Old 6th January 2013, 04:19 PM   #406
diyAudio Member

Default 180 watts RMS of audio power, continuous, can be dissipated by this heatsink

Answering Soheil and Project 16

Soheil If your environment is 30 degrées celsius and if you accept 15 degrées celsius of increase of temperature that may go to 45 degrées celsius.

This is what the heatsink can face...audio amplifier power..not heat watts.... Class AB audio amplifier power..continuous, undistorted, sinusoidal and continuous.

But music is average..so.... twice of that is safe... 360 is safe.

This way i do think you heatsink will do the job to 8 and 4 ohms..but you ay need a fan blower if you push the amplifier to 300 watts RMS..then two channels assembled in this same heatsink will not be stable...as gonna need a heatsink able to face 600 watts RMS when your will be good (more or less) to 360W...or more, if your environment has lower temperature than mine.

Good heatsink..... not good....excelent!

Project 16... About transistors..the ones pointed are able to face 2 ohms loads...others will not survive and may be fried.... if you use others, then do not use 2 ohms loads or strange speakers that has impedance valleys due to internal passive crossover or even speaker itself.

All power transistors can be used..even the famous 2SC5200 and 2SA1943, they are almost the same...all they cousins...even old MJ15024 can be used, and several others..they are one copy or the other..all them result of the now a days actual development....use the ones are available, the ones you like and be happy, because better sonics you may have with 2SC2922 from Sanken..but it is so small the difference that does not make this one to be the choice....it is the same if you increase treble into a tone control from 12 hours to 1 hours and a half...not that big difference..in treble only, you can compensate this with your speaker positioning and adjustment of the +3DB switch...or even removing absortion material around..moving the speaker or installing ceramic tiles below the speaker stand.

J4215, 2SC3281, NJL3281, NJL4281, and many others...there are hundreds that can face more than 100 volts and more than 10 amperes, for audio purposes.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJ15024_SILICON_POWER_TRANSISTORS.jpg (21.1 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg My power transistor.jpg (99.7 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg 040.jpg (90.7 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 6th January 2013, 04:29 PM   #407
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have more.... all audio power transistors may fit

Even TIP35 may fit...but you will not be able to push it hard because dissipation is not that great.

regards

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (95.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (84.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (105.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 6th January 2013, 04:31 PM   #408
diyAudio Member

Default So, use the one you like, the one is available and avoid low impedance loads

Just that.

Difference in sonics exist..but not that important..the amplifier is so good that will play excelent sound with ANY power transistor.... even 2N3055.

Why i have suggested the big ones.....because huge....can face 2 ohms.... that was the reason why..others are a little bit weaker.

Type your transistor numbers in google and then type datasheet....there you gonna fin the complementary to all these ones.

I have authorized a Brazilian to explore the Fet in the output, and i said to him:

- "you will not like the sound... a hell strange and mufled!"

then i did the circuit and asked him to make it better and to tweak a lot and to modify...no result..he have not offered the unit to be published....because obvious reason...BGT sound better.

I said...here is the schematic, a sketch.... start from this one and make it sound good...no result till today.... two monthes passed.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIP35C.jpg (51.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2n3055_s.jpg (63.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (122.8 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIA Fet no Dx Super A.pdf (59.5 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 6th January 2013, 04:47 PM   #409
diyAudio Member

Default Dear Meanman, Juan Vargas internet was out from the air

His internet was down.

I have reserved to your the pcboards.... so, anytime you want... reserved!

Listen boys...and tell me if you can listen so good sound with these cheap dirty damaged poor awfull speakers..... this is because this amplifier.... plays good with any speaker.

The ones have assembled, Brazilians and Juan Vargas, just cannot stop to listen at it...ask them and you gonna know they are astonished!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X88G02PSp7A

Uncle charlie has a forum, please subscribe to be the first 100 guys there...it gonna be one of the best foruns in this world in a matter of 10 years:

http://ww2.eletroforum.com.br/dxamp/index.php

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 6th January 2013, 06:21 PM   #410
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your answer on the heatsink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Project 16... About transistors..the ones pointed are able to face 2 ohms loads...others will not survive and may be fried.... if you use others, then do not use 2 ohms loads or strange speakers that has impedance valleys due to internal passive crossover or even speaker itself.
For my speakers i think that it is good , here is the model.
Elipson - Prestige 3

Friendly, Olivier!

Hide this!Advertise here!