Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A - Page 40 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2013, 10:31 AM   #391
diyAudio Member

Default Please dear friend Juan, inform your heatsink dimensions

in order to uncle charlie check if it gonna be enough or not....it looks not good enough as you gonna use a huge 45 volts supplies.

I see you will use 6 electrolitic condensers, 6800 each one of them and bypassed to ground by small capacitors.

Inform the output impedance you gonna use and if this aluminum block will be used for one or two amplifiers.

I know it is thick, but this just increase the delay time till the aluminum block reaches a temperature above the environment temperature... after that moment, when you start to exchange heat to the air, the area exposed to the air is what gonna decide your heat transference capacity.

It look small...too much small for this amplifier.

regards,

Carlos
Old 4th January 2013, 09:04 PM   #392
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
Finally!

I guess for me was really easy to adjust the bias “I’m guessing here” first I check all connections all track to make sure I don’t have lose solder around,

I’m right know testing with louder volume, wow it does have a different tone than the supercharger, it has more “life like sound” the timbre timbales drums are a lot more richer

the highs are so nice and noticeable, bass is punchy and nice, also is a lot more louder I feel the sound come out good and clear, I have the volume at 78% in my PC and is really loud

I mean it has power to it, man I’m about to be deft in a minute lol, also no distortion at all.

Set up conditions:

Power Supply +45 0 -45

trim pot to high value possible in my case 191 ohms

I use thermal compound and all main transistors…

side resistors 10R 7 watt…

so I apply power…

I check with my finger the side resistors, warm to the touch, “not hot”…

place the multimeter the voltage was really low 0.098V…

then I begin to adjust to at least get close to 1.5V I start slowly…

after about 25 minutes, I adjust again to 2.48V and wait a little more…

then I decide to leave it like that 2.48V but I still can adjust… “this my case”

I then place the RCA cables, play some music low volume first…

now I’m enjoying I’m happy happy happy !!!!!!!!!

My sincere opinion:

Sound a lot better than Dx Blame ST and MKII Supercharger, important note: it has its own timbre I do notices music come out a lot “alive”

piano good, tromped good, voices good, all instruments sound a lot better in other words. Newton told you I has no power? this baby does have lot of power.

Regards
Juan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00485.jpg (168.6 KB, 324 views)
Old 4th January 2013, 09:53 PM   #393
diyAudio Member

Default I told ya!.... fully agreed.

Smashed the Dx Blame ST (and the competition)...also beated (easy) the MKIII Hx...and plays loud as a hell.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (27.8 KB, 299 views)
Old 6th January 2013, 03:02 AM   #394
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vargasmongo3435
I thought I post this video but I didn't here is just showing how it look, simple. this a few days old video I will make another one as soon I have both boards completed.

Dx Super A build Cats, guineas, Rosters,birds - YouTube

Regards
Juan

Last edited by vargasmongo3435; 6th January 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 6th January 2013, 06:44 AM   #395
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
Smashed the Dx Blame ST (and the competition)...also beated (easy) the MKIII Hx...and plays loud as a hell.

regards,

Carlos
Time for me to build it,any boards left?
Old 6th January 2013, 06:58 AM   #396
diyAudio Member

Default For you ... and only because of you, i will give mine ones of special reserve

I have asked Juan to save one more pair to me..... run to catch them.

It is costing 32 USD with delivery..this is what Juan told me.... because he ordered only a few units...this increased the cost as a hell.

I am sending him message saying that you can have my boards.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 6th January 2013, 07:03 AM   #397
diyAudio Member

Thanks Carlos,but then you haven't any boards to build this nice amp?Doesn't Vargas run a groupsbuy for this amp?
Old 6th January 2013, 07:14 AM   #398
diyAudio Member

Default Depending people interest he may order more boards

But i do not think he will run group buy...he do not like some forum haters that goes bothering...he is a very sensitive guy, had Maya ancestors...half spanish, half native indians.... very sensitive guy...very friendly... a nice guy.

I really think he will not feel good exposed to our forum.

He already shipped two boards to me...i will have mine...i have asked him to save, if possible, two boards for my future use...more two boards to me...these ones, if really saved, will be yours....i have already sent him message saying boards goes to Roovers.

In Brasil, as usual, there's a lot of interest... and soon we gonna have local sells runned by Zimmer...do not know if he will run group buy because i do think he wants 10 percent profit...and this is against rules...he is making something simple..alike the green boards made to Dx Blame ST for Brasil...simple and cheap pcboards.

The amplifier image is not very good Patrick...without the intention to harm, some guys published scope images showing what happens with the amplifier (MKIII Hx) clipping.... so... when nobody uses this range of power...but they had worries about that.... as a result, i do think people became scared..thinking if one Dx model is not perfect... other model can be not perfect too...ahahahahahah!.... we cannot go against people believe..they believe in crazy things and do not believe in people from outside earth.

Was not fast and not that easy to sell these boards.... delayed a lot dear Patrick, usually we sell this ammount in a couple of days....so... the Corporation image is wounded...a pity because this amplifier is the best one from the line.... because scared these folks will lost the change to listen the best amplifier ever made.... by the Corporation..because i have listen the NAD C390DD and it is even better.

I have build three prototypes by myself...there are videos in youtube showing them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/destroyersoueu?feature=mhee

Juan Vargas email adress:

vargasmongo@yahoo.com

vargasmongo@gmail.com

Better to use the gmail....the yahoo adress is new and i am not sure he is going to the inbox.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 076.jpg (325.8 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 6th January 2013, 07:33 AM   #399
diyAudio Member

Default Green boards i told you we have made to Brasil, are these ones

We are making the Dx Supply, to use together Class A and Super A amplifiers.... in the reality you can use with any amplifier... output voltage is stabilized withing 0.25% and voltage is adjustable from 12 to 32 volts... symetrical supply having capacitance multiplier effect (electronic filtering)...it saves capacitors and removes all noise from the mains.

Video available in youtube... test video.... type Carlos Mergulhão or use the link provided in previous posts.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 444444.jpg (97.2 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg In Brasil the Blame was a huge success.jpg (142.4 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg Dx Supply - a.jpg (280.3 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th January 2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 6th January 2013, 12:38 PM   #400
diyAudio Member

Hello destroyer X!

I am very interested in this amplifier but I have some questions.

I have Sanken 2SC2922 and 2SA1216, it is OK, ?
Transistors must be "matched"?
I have heatsink 300x120x40 (0.4 K/W) , It is OK?
Finally we can polarize this amplifier in class AB?

Thank you and any the best!

Hide this!Advertise here!