Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Hello guys! you know that I don't like to quick jejejeje I found this software and I thought it was terrible, but actually isn't that bad, I keep messing with it and I have a "prototype again of the heat sink, but!!! as Carlos mention not to extended high volume levels, or loads of speakers of 2 ohms, this heat sink is for normal use of the amplifier I will continue check because I love this type of things, I hope you guys like the idea also Carlos too, yes I know Carlos I'm a hard head jejejeje I don't like to give up.:D sorry measurements "about" 134mm 200mm

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Heat Sink.pdf
    4.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Dx Super A 1.jpg
    Dx Super A 1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 513
  • Dx Super A 2.jpg
    Dx Super A 2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Dx Super A 3.jpg
    Dx Super A 3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 473
I have assembled the Dx Super A into the Dx Blame ST pcboard

was adapted to operate 8 and 4 ohms only (one single pair of output transistors)

It is not ready...some parts must be adjusted and fuses should be installed..no bias trimpot, i will use fixed resistor instead.

You see the enclosures i gonna use..they are the Dx Blame ST model, now i will put Dx Super A in my main enclosure and transistors will go direct into the heatsink using mica insulators and thermal compound.

The Super A diodes and circuit will be below the pcboard assembled in a mini circuit board.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame ST - wy.jpg
    Dx Blame ST - wy.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 437
  • Dx Blame ST - zy.jpg
    Dx Blame ST - zy.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Dx Super A installed in Dx Blame ST pcboards.JPG
    Dx Super A installed in Dx Blame ST pcboards.JPG
    708.2 KB · Views: 160
Now it is time to check, to clean, to measure resistances

from positive rail to ground, from negative rail to ground, from positive rail to negative rail, from output to ground and to inspect all solder points.

Then i will install series protective resistors to check bias, this one is using resistor preset, some kind of "plug and play" bias (trimpot replaced by a fixed resistor)

And then it is only pleasure and strong emotions when driving it hard.

You see..transistors direct into heatsink, mica insulator and thermal compound.... a fan will be installed too.

This is to 8 ohms and 4 ohms only.... reason why i am using only one output pair.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Super A - three.jpg
    Dx Super A - three.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Dx Super A - two.jpg
    Dx Super A - two.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Dx Super A - one.jpg
    Dx Super A - one.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 162
Dream boys...and never give up...you gonna make it

I did it.

Since i was young i wanted to make my own amplifier..something i have calculated..something i new in details the operation, all tips and tricks...now i have it.

There are Dx amplifiers all over the world, schematics in the internet in several home pages, mentioned in many blogs an in several foruns.... i can die for age and my amplifier will be here....and to stay

Dream, do your own and let the buggers talk...just do it!

A dream come true. - YouTube

Carlos

It is a 330 ohms fixed resistor in the place of the bias trimpot

But this will not work with all BD139 you can find in the market...so....it may work to me and not work for you.

Fixed resistor is 470 ohms.... added to 330 we have, as a result, 810 ohms from base to emitter into the VBE multiplier transistor (bias adjustment transistor.... stand by current adjustment transistor)

Current can result too much big or too much small depending the gain you will have in your selected BD139...will not have same result as i have at my home unless you use the transistor i have at my home...ahahahahaha!

Plug and play the same way we had plug and play pcboards to computers in the past...never plug and play..we had the need of software and adjustment and to ask windows to search for a better driver.... it is a plug and play you plug and sometimes does not play the way you want...the same we had in computers.

You do not know me Wattodo, i love to be kidding as i have a very good mood, i use to be ironic related the lack of decense and truth we find in human kind..... plug and play was a hoax applied into the market!...not serious....and my plug and play is just to have fun...will be plug and play to me...only to uncle charlie, because i will plug and will play with it and will not bother if the current is a little bit higher or lower...will be plug and play only to me!

Plug and play, sometimes resulted fine..also this fixed resistor, sometimes, will be good.......... you inow what-to-do whattodo.

Carlos

Attachments

• Milk Sheik.jpg
    Milk Sheik.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Dx Super A adjustments by Carlos  Mergulhão 1.jpg
    Dx Super A adjustments by Carlos Mergulhão 1.jpg
    701.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I do not discuss theories.

If you feel afraid of thermal drift...do not assemble this amplifier..it has and i made it this way..i calculated it this way..i want the effect.

Was tested and no problems using fan.

Theories only creates troubles..... questions alike that, drive people to "land" here to discuss the sex of the angels (they have not sex)..and this does not help us.

Theories does not make sound.... analises of my design also does not change it's real world behavior.

So, it is a big waste of time, as i use to test to make my units shielded against buggers.

People when cannot create things, have not courage, or skills, hate you because you do and then they try to destroy your design...and all starts with an innocent question alike yours.

Carlos

Last edited:
I am very happy because pcboards made in Brasil will

be white and black the way i want.

Also we have Zimmer that will make the Dx Supply and gonna offer Dx Supply pcboards to Brasil and also for you all if you want it.

Dx Supply gonna be based in Juan layout..authorized by Juan the copy of the basic layout and some changes gonna be made by Zimmer...and this was the suggestion made by Juan Vargas himself.

He said:

- You can use it, but try to modify to put in the layout some art work from yourself.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Brazilian Dx Super A will have black and white pcboards.jpg
    Brazilian Dx Super A will have black and white pcboards.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 407
I am so happy Zimmer found a Brazilian factory that does the pcboard

In white with black silk screen...and can put the silk screen in any colour i want.

Sadly could not make the pcboard at the light brown milky colour i wanted... alike light Coffee mixed with Milk.... something traditional in my country is Coffee mixed with Milk and bread with butter (french bread we use here..baguette).

But white is also reasonable...and sometimes because some ink metalic component, it becomes yellow when time passes by and may reach the colou i want when time passes by.

I had a Technics system this way...unforgeatable unit and i regret i have sold it...was a terrible foolish i have made...the unit was very good....and it used this kind of pcboards.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Technics.jpg
    Technics.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 370
In white with black silk screen...and can put the silk screen in any colour i want.

Sadly could not make the pcboard at the light brown milky colour i wanted... alike light Coffee mixed with Milk.... something traditional in my country is Coffee mixed with Milk and bread with butter (french bread we use here..baguette).

But white is also reasonable...and sometimes because some ink metalic component, it becomes yellow when time passes by and may reach the colou i want when time passes by.

I had a Technics system this way...unforgeatable unit and i regret i have sold it...was a terrible foolish i have made...the unit was very good....and it used this kind of pcboards.

regards,

Carlos

In French we say: 'Ca a de la gueule!' :up:
Big class!

Write an email to me...out from the forum system..direct mail

then i will explain you the reasons why i do not discuss theories..also i can answer your question about heat.

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

Please inform if i have to speak in french of if you understand poor english or some spanish?

I use to answer people making audio messages..it is faster and easier.

But some details i do not explain here...first not to attract buggers and secondly because i do not want to teach them..they do not deserve my attention..this way i select the ones to explain things and do not open theories in the forum not to have their "contribution".

regards,

Carlos

About theories:

I learn that getting to details too deep ruin your diy experience, I know there are many, many formulas and calculations for it, but remember one thing, is more enjoyable to build it just by fallowing the schematic without thinking of how it works first, do I know the frequencies respond of Dx Super A? no, do I know what is the max power in watt to 4 and 8 ohms? (Carlos already did that for us), do I know the THD from a analyzer tool "real life"? no, there are things that really don't need any more thinking just use the schematic parts numbers, solder and enjoy and a nice hot coffee while putting together the board, till today I don't have any problem with my boards except I have not replace the C13 for 150pF I be honest with you guys, maybe I'm wrong the way I'm thinking but if you are on my level "builder" please don't confuse your mind trying to "decrypted" breaking it apart the code, I say only guys with many years of experience can do that, and I mean 10, to 40 years can do that because they already have the "map on their minds and they know how to navigate to it, sorry I made this message too long but that is the way I think now, so, I place myself in a layout design that I find out is the one think I like the must, so I stay in that area, and I happy of my work I cannot complain. If you don’t believe me watch this video: DO THE HARLEM SHAKE (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

That is our mind trying to think more than what we suppose to do jejejejeje :D

Regards
Juan