Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Willjj782, did you isolate the nuts and bolts of the build of the transformers?
If not, then you are introducing an additional secondary transformer winding, painted pink. This is not good!

Best regards - Rudi

On the first time when I install and power them up all together the problem occur and I try to insulate the bolts and nuts vs. the aluminum plate on top in order not to act as a short winding, and later when I found the solution of the root cause, I try to remove the improvise insulation and they all works fine and no problem.
Thanks Rudy
Regards,
Wiljj78

Willy is nice.

I do like him a lot, was very difficult to me to dennie to him gerbers...you see he wanted to stretch the board to use his Sankens....i did it with a broken heart to protect the precious design.

Maybe i am over protecting.....maybe.

You see me playing with him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMxj380J98

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Almost done

A couple of days more and will go to the manufacturer.

First we gonna check several times...Zimmer will check several times..after his approval i gonna check several times... after my approval Juan will check several times.

The idea here is a single supply to feed two channels pumping out 330 watts RMS at 2 ohms with 5 percent distortion each channel..so...full power or much higher than full power that is 240 watts RMS with a very small distortion (0.008% THD)

Not ready yet...this is just to show you how it gonna look..what gonna be the size....it may have mistakes and we gonna find all them.

Yes we will..for sure we will.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Almost done.png
    Almost done.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
dear WillJJ78.

Have you reduce the fan speed with step down voltage regulators?

How was the performance pushing the amplifier hard.... what is the temperature you have achieved in the heatsink?

regards,

Carlos

Ohh... Uncle Charlie I 'am unable to operates these toroid's when i have this problem before, I’m in trouble for more than 2 weeks because of this issue, luckily with the help of my NE555 toggle switch I surprise when there is a fault on my AC input this toggle switch cut’s off the AC supply automatically (not sure how does it happen but it helps me a lot when there’s a fault occur on the toroid's and it works like a breaker switch but of course AC input fuse still there to do the right job in case) and these guys are right I didn’t expect these gentleman easily captured this point in my pictures, Thanks to you guys… if you notice in my first build I even make in 3 layers to supply my Class H Amp. before, they on top of each other and if you can see there is insulation plastic sheet on the nuts to protect the contact against the aluminum plate, this is my 1st solution but I’m not happy about it but later I finally found the solution these 3 layers of toroid’s works perfect and normal, very quiet and safe.

Regarding my cooling fan they actually 12-24VDC and fed from my temporary dual speaker protect with regulated fan control, so the fan works in low speed and very quiet when the heat sink temp. Is about 30-45 deg. And the fan speed only increase when the heat sinks temp. Increased

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    327.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
WOW! Willy I didn't know you are so hard core, be careful with that don't get hurt dear friend.

Regards
Juan

Thanks dear Juan don't worry, this is just my Extracurricular activity after work, to enjoy the music of my toy’s and to release some stress….. hehehehe..

This 12 meter tower is my baby too and I’m enjoying when I’m up there….:D

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DSC01911.JPG
    DSC01911.JPG
    928.2 KB · Views: 385
My DX Regulated PSU base on the great and official layout designer of DX corp. Juan V

or Zimmer pcboard?

You have layout from Juan to etch at your home..this way you will not need to be waiting to listen.

What is your supply voltage.... your AC from transformers....maybe you can use without the supply to enjoy the sonics...and them you plug the supply to obtain better performance.......let's study this.

regards,

Carlos

To be honest Uncle Charlie I have this layout ready to etch but I can wait your final version, so no hurry! Relax…;) let’s have fun and enjoy the experience with DX amplifiers....

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DX REGULATED PSU Green.JPG
    DX REGULATED PSU Green.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 505
I like it Meanman.

It looks very good...nice supply, and looks to be a very good design.

Do you have the schematic?... if you have, please, send me...i am curious.

Satisfied with mine one..but curiosity..it looks similar to mine one despite may have overcurrent protection...it is using more transistors than mine one....well..not exactly mine one... it is a traditional and ancient circuit from Ampex... a standard series pass regulator used in Video Tape Recorders.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• VR2000.jpg
    VR2000.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited: