Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

OK then Uncle Carlos,

I may have to test the unit using my available parts and when I find the time to buy new parts I will try to look for those parts originally specified in the schematic. It requires more travel time though, our electronics market is located in another city, it takes 2 hours bus ride and another 15mins train ride....:D from where my place is.

Do not worry I will never use the amp to drive 2 or 4 ohms speakers, I don't have it...:D but I have a 6 and 8 ohms 250watter speakers.

I think I am forgetting something, I do not recall having read on how to construct the line coil. I have here a #16 AWG what is the diameter and how many turns was it?

TY!

Hello abetir is actually 18 AWG but you can use 15 AWG too, I use a broken pen for a core, Carlos instruct 13 mm diameter, but I use a broken pen for my air coil filter looks more "organize" but you do it the way you think make you happy, actually I was checking the coil and is 17 turns not perfect but is close enough, the red coil is from the Supercharger, so imagine how thick is this that wire coil is 14 AWG is a beast!, jejejeje, so you are not going to drive the amp to the extreme so 16 AWG wire is just perfect, so 16 AWG nice will fit really nice, maybe you can get about 16 turns the wire is going to be a big thicker so probably less turns, maybe the diameter has to be increase so the wire length compensate the turns lost. "I know there is a website that calculate that but you know that is to the extreme" is 1uH.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC02727.jpg
    DSC02727.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 515
  • fotos 2012 258.jpg
    fotos 2012 258.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 501
  • mesurements.jpg
    mesurements.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 468
  • DGreenRabidSquirrel.jpg
    DGreenRabidSquirrel.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Nabucco Speaker Protection

Hello Carlos!

For the protection of my speakers with the SA DX-I realize your protection but I noticed two slightly different versions, one has an additional resistor connected to ground.
There a version of preference?

All the best 73's!

Attachments

• Speaker protector.GIF
    Speaker protector.GIF
    33 KB · Views: 313
  • spkprot-schematic.png
    spkprot-schematic.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 310
Miguel Nabuco (Mitchel in this forum) is the one made, or copied, or adapted

this circuit.... we made an agreement he would be responsible by this circuit.... so, he will give follow up about surge protection and speaker protection.

I have some knowledge about audio amplifiers ... i am such kind of old folk that use fuses instead of these protections, this way i feel myself unable to clarify to you, as i have not created, designed, copied or adapted this design.... my know how about is very limited.

Having questions go directly to him that will be happy to answer you.... please, send these images to him, and a text explaining your doubts and he will return... he can understand english very well.

miguelnabuco@terra.com.br

I have assembled this circuit once...just to be sure the pcboard was correct and the circuit operating fine...i told him to give follow up that i had not the will, intention or desire, to give follow up of this circuit... he is in charge about these circuits from that date he published till the ethernity.

He agreed to help people about these circuits...the surge protection published in Brasil and the speaker protector published in Supercharged thread in this forum...also pcboards was offered and distributed here by him in the group buy.

He is the man to explain details about the circuit.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Miguel Nabuco - Mitchel.jpg
    Miguel Nabuco - Mitchel.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Uncle Charlie,

I’m planning to use these Soft Start and speaker protection for my Super A STEREO with 1200VA toroid transformer. Is this speaker protection would be match with for Super A?

Regards,

Attachments

• Soft Start Ver 1.3 Green.JPG
    Soft Start Ver 1.3 Green.JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 464
  • spkprot-layout-top.pdf
    30.6 KB · Views: 190
Finally Dual Mono are now mounted on the Final Heat sink

With tunnel cooling fan, both are tested and ready to go……
Toroid’s transformers are just waiting for the DX PSU regulator…

Love it….;)

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    791.8 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    740.3 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    625.1 KB · Views: 292
Are you waiting Zimmer layout?

or Zimmer pcboard?

You have layout from Juan to etch at your home..this way you will not need to be waiting to listen.

What is your supply voltage.... your AC from transformers....maybe you can use without the supply to enjoy the sonics...and them you plug the supply to obtain better performance.......let's study this.

regards,

Carlos

Yes Uncle Charlie I'm waiting Zimmer layout

Each toroid’s 29VAC/300VAC in series to get 29-0-29VAC, at the moment I’m playing my Stereo Super A using my ordinary PSU and I like the sonic very much, I’m not on hurry to build the DX PSU and I can wait till you finalize it with Zimmer, Take your time uncle Charlie no worries.

All the best….
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 149
Hi wiljj78.

on your picture of your´s toriod supply.. does the metal plate under the toriods touch the two bolts you use for holding the toriods together? if so the two bolts and the metal top plate will act like a big shorted winding!!!

regards
uglykid

Yes, they touch in all plate and your right in my first installation i face this problem, the metal plate and the transformer it self get's hot because it acts a shorted winding... but i found the solution with that in order not to act a shorted winding and now they all works fine without any problem.

Regards,
Wiljj78

Last edited: