Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Here are the files for etching method and also the size of the board and many other images for reference and also I will provide information about pitch distance of the components as soon as possible.

Regards
Juan

Hello Dear Juan,

How are you doing bro? Sounds very interesting to build ha!! well done buddy...
Anyway just to let you know that I attempt to build my home etching process but sadly I’m having trouble to get the correct size on the actual printout, I’m only getting 102x135mm when printing the PDF file, can you repost all a hi resolution in jpg file so I can adjust the image sizes accordingly.

Love to hear all positive outcome my dear Juan. Nice... Nice...Nice....

Regards,
Wiljj78

Here are the etched material guys, a larger one and a normal size etched files

Willy so you say you have to adjust your printer ? did you try 1:1 ratio ?

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A blue small.jpg
    Dx Super A blue small.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Dx Super A etched larger file.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Dx Super A.LAY 1to1 normal size.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Dx Super A bottom s.jpg
    Dx Super A bottom s.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 420
Here are the etched material guys, a larger one and a normal size etched files

Willy so you say you have to adjust your printer ? did you try 1:1 ratio ?

Regards
Juan

Yes i did all the possible solution but adjustment didn't work once in PDF file means it's lock i can only select the type of paper sizes to print.
Ratio 1:1 will not help eather if you print in A4 size still the actual printout size are inaccurate, at lease in jpg file can be adjust using the picture editor or on microsoft word file.

Regards,

Willy when you get get change, what printer setting you use ? A0, AI. A10, etc. any way I made a really huge "grande" image file on jpg file format, I hope it works for you.

Regards
Juan

This is ok now Juan, i can manage to adjust to get the right dimension.
anyway i'm using this printer to print my toner transfer and my paper size setting in A4 size, this printer can print A3, A4 and A5 paper size but our standard settings in A4.

Thanks

Regards,
Willy

Attachments

• Conica Bizhub C220.jpg
    Conica Bizhub C220.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 323
Uncle Charlie,

There is a better use for turpentine: make Damar varnish and varnish all the paper cones of your transducers, no mater the quality or price. You won't be able to call them "cheap speakers" anymore ;) ...inexpensive perhaps.

(plenty of recipies on the net; just add enough turpentine to submerge the damar cristals on a glass flask and expose to sun, shaking from time to time, until complete disolution...)

Use the raw turpentine spirit. Apply and let it dry on open air (for it is kind of toxic), preferrably with the speaker lying on its back for an even spread of the varnish. Experts say two hands are best, but try just one and let dry to test it.

(for big cones I add a little Copal diluted on warm linseed oil, though this is more difficult)

Good luck.
M.

We had something, in the past, we used to dilute with alcohol

something that reminds cockroach wings.... this resulted in a varnish very good and shinny to wooden furnitures...the trouble was that had no resistance to alcohol, and i do think water attacked this material too.

Old times product, brown alike cockroach wing..... maybe something alike that... was extracted from plants...in the past was the varnish used in furnitures.... in 1960, in Brasil, was the thing we had..the main varnish we had... the cheap local varnish we had.

Goma laca was the technical name.... asa de barata was the popular name.

This is something can make paper cone a lot more resistant.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• IMG_9162.JPG
    IMG_9162.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 494
  • Laqueada.jpg
    Laqueada.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Thanks Willy, man :) I was really tired yesterday putting together the other board, wow but at least finally got the second board good to go "I always say that word" jejejejeje, I will revised a couple of times just in case, the only thing I have left are to drill the holes and install all main power transistors and BIAS the unit to 2.5V. I was checking online for toroidal transformers, and I found one that fits nicely for the two boards the brand is Antek and I'm going to safe money for that maybe two months not sure,
is the AN-5230 a 30V 500VA 8.3A "according to the info" but also I can have the less powerful unit and have two 300VA the AN-32-30 for $36.00 USD many options to chose, I mean works for me the shipping from this company to Puerto Rico it is a lot cheaper I try many, but many websites and is quite expensive the shipping,

Here the link of the website I mean is someone is curious about this,

Antek - Your reliable source of transformers, power supplies, and more.

I just want it to add one more think is good thinking of mister Carlos ideas
of how to chose the "trafo", on his video tutorial about to chose a toroidal transformer, to fit our needs, now is more clear to me than before, good stuff!.

well I'm going to continue here with the other board and you guys take care.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• DSC03079.jpg
    DSC03079.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 454
  • AN-3230.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 131
  • AN-5230.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 97
  • also.PNG
    also.PNG
    86.9 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Thanks Willy, man :) I was really tired yesterday putting together the other board, wow but at least finally got the second board good to go "I always say that word" jejejejeje, I will revised a couple of times just in case, the only thing I have left are to drill the holes and install all main power transistors and BIAS the unit to 2.5V. I was checking online for toroidal transformers, and I found one that fits nicely for the two boards the brand is Antek and I'm going to safe money for that maybe two months not sure,
is the AN-5230 a 30V 500VA 8.3A "according to the info" but also I can have the less powerful unit and have two 300VA the AN-32-30 for $36.00 USD many options to chose, I mean works for me the shipping from this company to Puerto Rico it is a lot cheaper I try many, but many websites and is quite expensive the shipping,

Here the link of the website I mean is someone is curious about this,

Antek - Your reliable source of transformers, power supplies, and more.

I just want it to add one more think is good thinking of mister Carlos ideas
of how to chose the "trafo", on his video tutorial about to chose a toroidal transformer, to fit our needs, now is more clear to me than before, good stuff!.

well I'm going to continue here with the other board and you guys take care.

Regards
Juan

That’s lovely stuff Juan looking very good, hopefully next month I can taste how delicious the Stereo of Super A, But I will just use 1943/5200 these are the available power transistor in my place, hope I can get the same power in 4 Ohms.

Regards,
Willy

Prepare yourself to very strong emotions Bahrain

You will listen the ultimate amplifier.

Search for a physician to give a check on your heart.... huge emotions are to come to you.

I am sure you have never have listened so good amplifier...i just could not believe i did it...was something i could not imagine was possible...in my point of view anything and nothing would beat the Dx Blame ST...but this one smashed with the Blame ST, also MKIII Hx and many others.

Use the best audio source, the best song to play, the best speakers and be sure you will be listening the best possible amplifier....i am 52 years searching and researching and this is the ultimate..the best, the superior...anyone can beat this one.... no chance for others...they will loose the competition and will run alike a dog with the tail in between the legs screaming the way dogs scream when hitted.

You gonna dance, gonna be excited, heart beat will acelerate..you may dance...prepare a digital camera to show us your expression of surprise with the first seconds the music will be playing with this amplifier.

I almost trow all others i have at home (amplifiers) into the garbage can.

Juan when played first time..he just could not stop to be listening..ask Juan if he have listened a better amplifier?

regards,

Carlos

I will uncle charlie...

You will listen the ultimate amplifier.

Search for a physician to give a check on your heart.... huge emotions are to come to you.

I am sure you have never have listened so good amplifier...i just could not believe i did it...was something i could not imagine was possible...in my point of view anything and nothing would beat the Dx Blame ST...but this one smashed with the Blame ST, also MKIII Hx and many others.

Use the best audio source, the best song to play, the best speakers and be sure you will be listening the best possible amplifier....i am 52 years searching and researching and this is the ultimate..the best, the superior...anyone can beat this one.... no chance for others...they will loose the competition and will run alike a dog with the tail in between the legs screaming the way dogs scream when hitted.

You gonna dance, gonna be excited, heart beat will acelerate..you may dance...prepare a digital camera to show us your expression of surprise with the first seconds the music will be playing with this amplifier.

I almost trow all others i have at home (amplifiers) into the garbage can.

Juan when played first time..he just could not stop to be listening..ask Juan if he have listened a better amplifier?

regards,

Carlos

WOW!!!! Sound so sweet.... feels like I couldn’t wait till next month and will have to etch the 2 boards tomorrow....:D
Regards
Willy

Vedmitraa, it seems i cannot post the files

Well, i gonna try, but looks to me this forum does not accept this kind of files in attachments.

Well, i gonna put it inside a doc to see if you can have it.

Negative...forum have not accepted my trick.

So, write to uncle charlie... then i will have your email adress and will send to you.

nanabrother@hotmail.com
carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

It is a Multisim Power Pro Edition 11.0 file.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited: