regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Super A schematic.jpg
    Dx Super A schematic.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 825
Juan will produce pcboard to the Dx Supply

What you can see that may look strange?

First you gonna see a 3300uf in parallel with 220uf.... this looks crazy, but it is not...the big one is to use together Class A amplifiers or Super A amplifiers, the other is to Class AB amplifiers...into the board you will solder one or other, or will short jumpers to switch from one condenser to the other.

You can see diodes...the left ones are connected to the supply, a non regulated supply, so, having voltage drop you gonna see variations into the LED light intensity.

Also you can see green LEDs in the output... this is the regulated, or stabilized side... there you should have small voltage variation and the green LED should light in a steady way without too much flicking.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Supply.jpg
    Dx Supply.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 780
destroyer X
I see the DX corporation can not offer a Headphone Amplifier.
Why?
So many amplifiers but not for Headphones.
You have no headphones, Carlos??????

Okay.
I will put my fingers onto my drawing board.
Then I will make you a schematic over THE BEST Headphone amplfier.
Because anything what corporation will offer is always the best.
First was DX Amp best. Then.. Then ... And now the Super A is THE BEST.
Now we make the best headphones amplifier for the people?

Wait Carlos and I send you schematic of Headphone amplifier.
If you like it, you can have it.
And publish here a great Headphone amplifier.
And say thanks to Lineup.

Regards :)
Lineup

I really do not have a good headphone...also i live alone

dear Lineup as you know..... i have not the need to use them at home not to disturb people around.... there's no people around most of the time.

But for sure a headphone is a much better tool than power amplifiers together speakers because troubles with acoustics.

The first amplifier i have created (try and error and basic knowledge about how to calculate a single transistorized stage) was a headphone amplifier...was maybe the 500th unit build...several power amplifiers resulted busted in my workbench due to design errors from the Magazine publishers, enginners, and revisers of graphics (image) and text....mistakes happened a lot and was very frustrating to me.

This is the main reason i try to help people with basic electronics, practice, some daily skills that i have obtained burning my fingers... then i decided to help people to avoid them to face the domination of the technocrats, when some of them does not want to teach things, keeping to themselves the knowledge as this means power...so... i am not that good... it is also a revenge... not to allow a few guys keeping all know how only for them...i am spreading these basic things whole world...or trying too.

The amplifier i have made was for a Senheiser headphone saved from TV Globo fire that destroyed the television station.... i found it half burned, but protected by some kind of aluminium sheet and i have made a foam to the headphone, was made by a dual 400 ohms microphone cartridge...this was the driver of this headphone...lovely sound!.... then i prepared a one stage circuit, using BC107, a metalic case Philips transistor, a silicon unit (modern for the seventies) and a couple of resistors, a 9 volts battery and then i plugged into my Akai 4000DS MKII open reel recorder and i have perceive the pure sound for the first time of my life...and i understood that all amplifier together speakers had not that performance.

I am trying, since these days, to have the same sound at my home with speakers and amplifiers...i do think i have succeeded since the Dx Blame ST, but i do respect a lot headphone amplifiers.

There'a some lack of motivation, as i have no headphones to use together a very high end headphone amplifier alike yours.... i do build things for others, things i dislike alike Class A (too much hot, low efficiency) but at least i have to test, and i can listen to it.

Headphone amplifiers i will not be able to listen, as i have none...and the ones i can find in Brazil are so poor that does not deserve attention...most of them are chinese.

Thank you anyway... this one i will not even listen too...so...it is too much sacrifice to my old heart to make something that i cannot even test.

regards,

Carlos

Buikd this amplifier folks...give yourself the opportunity to feel Dxcellence

Nothing could be more pure than the purity.

This amplifier give you the most perfect sound... the original sound from the recording... excellence in audio amplifier ... this is mine best unit.

Much more than perfect..it is the perfection itself.

Dxcellence.

regards,

Carlos

Gentlemen, this one is transparent... there's no colouration

In the sound reproduction, it is clear into the highs, perfect into the mid ranges and precise into the bass.

Does not include harmonics, the opposite, it is filtering the annoying third harmonic that we call the "transistor sound"...and has some ammount (needed) of second harmonic, the "tube alike sound".

It is perfect...anything can be better than perfect.... what this means?

You can build or buy something that has the same performance...but never will buy or build something better..because there's no room to be better..it is already in the dead end..the top end..the maximum level of purity....distortion is very small, almost unbeatable...it is less than 0.00013% THD to full power....yes....i said full power!

It is flat, there's no gain anywhere...so...the sound is amplified in the wire with gain style.

Dinamics is perfect.
Sound reproduction is perfect.
Bass is perfect
Mids are perfect
treble is perfect
Input impedance is perfect
Audio transference to the speaker is perfect

And it has a miraculous feature... and do not ask me how i got that because i do not know...was an accident...it plays great sound with ANY cheap speaker... this is miracle, that nice conversation with the speakers, this interaction, it is really a miracle (because all we do not understand we call miracle)

You may say:

- "You told that before uncle charlie... how can i believe now?!

Dx Blame ST was the best wide world ever made amplifier...TILL another one was made..then the ever made was supressed from the sentence automatically..got it?

Can i make it better....maybe dinamics...maybe some sound signature...maybe i can polute the harmonic distribution a little...maybe i can increase power, or decrease...i can put some leds flashing on it...i can put perfum or golden capacitors...but sound cannot be better than the perfection.

This is perfect... for free to you... can beat whatever you put into comparison.... will eat all amplifiers..including the Dx Blame ST.

Build it...over a wooden board with copper nails and telephone wires if you have not money or parts...make it with other transistors if you have not the good ones...make it with other supply voltages if you have not the good one...make it with small condensers if you have not good ones...make it ugly if you cannot make it pretty....and even this way..will kill, smash, destroy your 20 thousand dollars fashion golden amplifier.

Guaranteed or i will eat my amplifier.... with the AC plugged into the mains!

I am saying...all others are loosers...this is the one!

I challenge you to show me one that has beated....but come with testimony, because some enemies may be interested (competition) to destroy the amplifier only because envy... i want 3 guys sign below a text or a video showing me an amplifier that could beat this one.

No way!..this will never happens... i am absolutelly totally sure this is impossible..only if people produce a hoax to be playing with me.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I am so sure about what i am saying that i will ask you to do

something to give you a lot of advantage over my amplifier.

take your amplifier to a speaker shop...then go trying all speakers...select the one matched with your power amplifier.

Now install the Dx Super A, 5 watts output..the same power to your looser amplifier...then play a song.

Use the last schematic published to the Dx Super A, use the Dx Supply, adjust iddle current to 700 mA, switch of, for some seconds, the fan blower and listen.... then you can be silent not to comment this...as you may feel ashamed.

Be aware you must switch one and other.... after a couple of seconds our ears adjust everything and even junk can sound good.... first two seconds you will be able to feel the real thing.

Got it?

Sorry men.

You loose!.... but you also is a winner...now you have a decent amplifier...try to excuse yourself because you have spent so much money into that beated one.... try to sell it.... be silent about what happened and sell it.... say sorry to your wife and give her the money you spent in that sold amplifier...the looser one...this will shut her mouth.

Last edited:
...just noticed in post #189 (pdf files)...

My dear Juan, the pdf for toner transfer hot iron method should look like the attached image...;) The image in your pdf was the bottom copper view, for toner transfer it should be the top copper image.

Attachments

• Dx_SuperA_ mirror_etching_hot_iron_flipped.png
    Dx_SuperA_ mirror_etching_hot_iron_flipped.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 604
but dear abeti why you flip the image? check this out bro both images be happy! :D

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A etching.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 246
  • info.PNG
    info.PNG
    245.7 KB · Views: 478
  • Dx Super A bottom view.png
    Dx Super A bottom view.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 1Dx_SuperA_ why.png
    1Dx_SuperA_ why.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Dx Super A none mirroed.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Ok, how do I explain this, both of your posted images are the bottom views, the printed copper tracks will become reversed because after printing, you will be flipping it over again so that the copper printed image will come face to face with the copper surface of the pcb (for ironing). That'll do if you are going to put parts directly on top of the copper, but that is not going to be the case.

Pay particular attention to Q36, after printing Q36 goes to the left side, flipping it over so that it will become in contact on the copper surface of the PCB Q36 goes to the right side.(this is supposed to be the correct orientation but it is the pcb bottom copper that goes on top), you will be flipping it over again so that the parts sits on top of the board and Q36 goes to the left again, it has now become wrong.

I'm not so sure if you are getting what I' m trying to explain, that is a lot of flipping, it can become confusing but take a printed material and follow my directions and you'll find out why. It'll help if I can include images but I'm at work in the office.

I see what you mean.... we gonna fix that

As soon as possible.

Many thanks by your kindness...i really had not time to check this...was not assembled.. we will order pcboards to test, and your help was precious.

Thank you very much.

I will also produce pcboard layout to a Dx Power Supply, the one is adjustable and has electronic filtering... series pass analog supply..schematic is very good and was posted.

regards,

Carlos

abetir I'm going to place the files again check your printer I do not know way you printer print flipped images or you did it in purpose? any way here are the files top view and bottom view. here also some images virtual board :). by the way is my fault not Carlos he is too occupied and he didn't notice.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A mirror.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Dx Super A top view.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 242
  • bottom view.PNG
    bottom view.PNG
    263.7 KB · Views: 602
  • top view.PNG
    top view.PNG
    244 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
700mA each rail, then we increase the volume..when the zener diodes senses 6 watts RMS it starts to conduct and goes reducing the current...at 70 watts the DC current is 33mA per rail.

Very simple, and because of that it is very good.

regards,

Carlos

When the output is positive the 1N4148 will prevent any conduction
since the VBE multiplier voltages are more positive than the output.

When the output is negative the said diode will conduct but the zener
has a value high enough such that conduction do not occur as the output
voltage is never 10V more negative than the VBE multiplier voltages
unless high threshold mosfets are used as power stage.

Yes...it works more or less.... not in all cicles..but as we have

positive and negative halves in an audio wave...it may work fine.

The idea is not to be precise...just avoid the DC bias when not needed anymore.

Was not made to enter a competition to obtain the "prize of best design made in 2012"... was made to substitute the Gradiente design that was too much complicated (had two halves operating) and hard to align.

regards,

Carlos

Take your time to have a rest dear Juan...flu is not good

Go to sleep...we can wait this correction..no problems.

Carcass.... we are doing it, we have Zimmer in Brasil producing layout and he may offer the pcboards.....but will take some time..... he is too much busy, he use to wake up 04:00 AM and return home to sleep 09:00 PM.

Juan is doing too, but i am not sure if he will open this to produce pcboards to the whole world, this is something to talk directly with him...he is authorized to produce and sell.

Zimmer said that can send the pcboard everywhere since the guy pay...he said (kidding) that can send to the hell if devil pay and inform the home adress.

Zimmer email is:

imap.eletro@gmail.com

Talk with him, language will not be a problem in between us.

Juan adress is here... English and Spanish languages can be used:

vargasmongo@gmail.com

Off course, and naturally, we gonna offer images (we already did, despite wrong ones) to the guys to produce (etch) into their own homes...so..it is a do it yourself and for free design..but if people want professionally manufactured pcboards, then they must pay the cost to produce and ship the stuff.

Zimmer is a nice young guy from the South of Brasil, German imigrants there..he is one of our "kraut"

Germans in Brasil:

Germans in Brazil, towns and people - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Zimmer, the Kraut.jpg
    Zimmer, the Kraut.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
You gonna like it Bruno

Tenho certeza que você vai adorar... i am sure you will love it.

I am working together Zimmer....pcboards are almost ready...also we will test a SMPS supply to make it standard to Dx amplifiers (If approved)...we gonna use higher frequency not to be picked by the amplifier circuit...will not be easy because the Dx amplifiers goes easy to 150 Kilohertz.

We will prepare, not only Zimmer but also Juan Vargas, a Dx Supply pcboard.

Also a Dx low pass filter (not Dx design, this one is in all electronic books) but tested by the "Corporation".

Temos um forum Brasileiro Bruno, pequeno, que está começando, mas muito bonzinho....registre-se por lá... afinal, a lingua não é problema pra você.

We have a Brazilian forum dear Bruno, very small one, it is starting, but a very nice one.... subscribe there .... at the end... the language there is not a problem for you.

http://eletronicasilveira.forumeiros.com/

regards,

Carlos