243.5 KB · Views: 977
  • DxSA-14.jpg
    DxSA-14.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 920
  • DxSA-15.jpg
    DxSA-15.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 854
Yes....my capacitor stock finished....i am using some old units

from audio systems i have dismantled..... aproximatelly 10 thousand plus 10 thousands...it is just reasonable....tolerable to operate 8 ohms..but i know some powerfull bass tones are "dirty" because of mains noise...for sure this is happening..as i do not use to listen loud, then it is not bothering me.

regards,

Carlos

20000uf it is not so bad, I though those were like 1000uf caps. When I build some power supplies I do not use more than 40000uf per rail (under 100 watts RMS per channel). I try many values from 1000uf to 40000uf per rail in many amps from 50/80 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms and I like it around 20000uf per rail better. Right now my 70 watts RMS at 8ohms diy amp, I am using 6800uf X 4 total for my power supply and I love it. I was going for 20000uf per rail but since I shoot for a "small" integrated amp I did not have enough space to use four 10000uf caps. Take a look.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 563920_4011070590784_933694964_n.jpg
    563920_4011070590784_933694964_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 239
The top ones are not used in this amplifier prototype

they are just there because this heatsink is used in several other projects, so, transistors almost "belong" to the heatsink..... i am running it at 42 volts, 8 and 4 ohms only and one pair in the output.

Supply is using 10.000 plus 10.000uf and transformer is 330 watts.

This amplifier will have two output pairs.... Juan is preparing the pcboard layout, when ready i will publish in this thread.

regards,

Carlos

I do love to help.... ask all you want...if i know i will answer

if i do not know i will try to research to answer...if negative i will tell you.

I am someone that has a lot of practice...i am not addicted and i do not know too much theories..but something i can say.

I am working in the diySMPS forum, also into the Brazilian "Eletronica Silveira" that can speak spanish without troubles there too..also if enter in English i can help translating there..these are the main ones...but i am really dedicated to audio amplifier tweaking and the production of videos about...i have a channel in Youtube (hehehehe... everybody has)...type Carlos Mergulhão and 500 videos will be there if you want to see some about audio.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I was received alike a kind in my new Brazilian forum...missed only

The Military band of Music for celebration and the "keys from the town"..but i was invited, in a very respectfull and educated way, to subscribe to their forum...then i am there, gladly.

So different if i compare with the HT forum where they banished me three times, where i have to ask please to enter to explain things about my amplifiers that someone have published there...so different!..this brazilian forum is a business..they sell things there..so, a real DIY man is not a good idea as people prefer to build my things, then to buy their stuff.

I am uploading to youtube the "all about the Dx Super A"..showing it is a Dx Blame ST modified and tuned and showing each different modified part and supressed parts and differences in adjustments..also that we can use external Super A pcboard avoiding guys to prepare a new pcboard layout.

And Juan is making the new pcboard layout for us too.

It eated the Dx Blame ST circuit in the breakfast, despite it is almost the same amplifier, just tuned and modified in some parts..anything different...this time i have tuned by ears..last time was using simulator..and this is not that good....Dx Blame ST sounded lifeless compared to the Dx Super A - MKII (my Super A circuit, not Gradiente anymore and Dx Blame tweaked and tuned to optimize performance while listening)

Soon i will post the video link here, in portuguese and english..all bad english and bad portuguese but i hope gonna be helpful to you all.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Estou nesse forum, Miguel Nabuco e Zimmer e outros também.jpg
    Estou nesse forum, Miguel Nabuco e Zimmer e outros também.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 737
A friend asked about comparison with the old and good Dx amplifier

the one has loosen, longer, non precise but awesome bass.

He asked me if the Dx Super A is a better amplifier and if it has a good bass.

My answer:

NO!...it has not all that bass, but all other things are much better...it is a comparison in between a cold and old tea (oxidized and bitter taste) together salted cream cracker and a hot delicious fresh English tea together butter Danish biscuits.

Dx amplifier, the standard is fine..but in that comparison it is cold, oxidized and bitter....of couse if you never listen the Dx Super A you will never know that and will be happy for eternity not knowing the truth.

Compare a banana with strawberry with Chantilly cream....the second is much better.

A hot coffee or a hot Belgium Chocolate?

Water or beer?

Lemonade or Coca Cola?

These biscuits shown are from Petropolis (tow of Emperor Pedro from Brasil)... a german town in the State of Rio de Janeiro, up the mountains...this is so good as Danish biscuits.... i do think these ones are better because the kind of taste of the butter we have there.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• biscoitos-amanteigados-300x187.jpg
    biscoitos-amanteigados-300x187.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 550
Last edited: