Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Yes dear Earthquake I already made that mistake I order them from China it will take for ever to get here in Puerto Rico :bawling: ahahahahahahahah !

Regards
Juan

Hi Juan yes I used the same seller that's why I'm still looking for a supplier here in the UK I have all PCB's fully assembled apart from the VAS transistors and output devises on the amps and the series pass, driver transistors and emitter resistors on the PSU now there made I want to see if they work. :)

I was simulating and you can reduce heat replacing a resistor

The one controls the CCS current.

This gonna be more effective..then you can keep BC556 because it is 500 mW unit (twice the power it is dissipating) and the advantage to 2N is not that big.

I have watched datasheet from 12 manufacturers and i found 2 of them that can hold 650 mW..others are 500 mW.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Increase resistor.jpg
    Increase resistor.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 488
Hi Juan yes I used the same seller that's why I'm still looking for a supplier here in the UK I have all PCB's fully assembled apart from the VAS transistors and output devises on the amps and the series pass, driver transistors and emitter resistors on the PSU now there made I want to see if they work. :)
I think it too less than two weeks to arrive here in California.
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Last edited:
OK so I went back and installed the way it was a before a new BC556
and I change R4 to 82R as you can see in this images the transistor with the white paint on top just to remind I did change it, and I pointed to the resistor too :).

Here is my part number BC556ABU 500mW of dissipation

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• BC556Ab 1.jpg
    BC556Ab 1.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 423
  • BC556Ab 2.jpg
    BC556Ab 2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 369
  • BC556.pdf
    145.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hopefully you can now see my amp PCB's but I still need help on how to make files smaller??

Hi Earthquake :)

I usually when I take pictures I open them with paint then reduce to 50% so the file can be upload faster and also have just the right size but wow my man Earthquake you did a magnificent job amazing build :D all look good neat

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 385
I do appreciate the ACDSee software.

using it these last 10 years..... i have tried others but this one is really good.

Here you have one image while cropping, one image while resizing and one image as the final processed work.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ACDSee cropping.jpg
    ACDSee cropping.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 365
  • ACDSee image resizing.jpg
    ACDSee image resizing.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 324
  • ACDSee image already processed.jpg
    ACDSee image already processed.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 313
Eureka, it plays!!!!

My replacement transistors came it from Mouser today and I swapped out those dodgey BC556's and BD140. Said a prayer and brought it up on the variac through a light bulb nice and easy while watching the offset on the output and the ammeter on the negative rail. Everything looked great. 16mA on the rail and and 15mv offset. I checked both sides and they were almost exactly the same. I raised the idle current to 125mA on both sides and hooked up my test speakers and my Zune. Everything sounded really good until the positive input line came loose and fried my Zune.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, I fixed that and now have it hooked up to my B1 buffer. It is sounding very nice. I haven't pushed it hard yet because I didn't have it hooked up to the big heatsink. I will do that now so I can let it run for a while. I'll try to get a small video for you.

Blessings, Terry