• Dx Supply prototype 3D 7.JPG
    Dx Supply prototype 3D 7.JPG
    746.7 KB · Views: 494
  • Dx Supply prototype 3D 9.JPG
    Dx Supply prototype 3D 9.JPG
    708.4 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Dx Super A pcboards you have two options...both will represent you gonna wait

First option is Juan Vargas.... his boards are already sold..he has no one left..but if some guys goes to him and ask he may order another batch to provide you...naturally this gonna take some time till you ask him and the boards into your home... maybe one month or a little bit more because order, manufacturing, receipt at Juan's home and delivery heading your home.

Second option is also slow in time.... Zimmer is already moving to order pcboards and he will do for both Dx Super A amplifier and will order also pcboards to the Dx Supply.....but..... he is already thinking about if he will change Juan layout or not (Dx Supply layout)...so... will take time

Juan adress is:

vargasmongo@gmail.com
vargasmongo@yahoo.com

And Zimmer adress is:

imap.eletro@gmail.com

So, go to them and ask them if they can provide you...i myself do not mess with this stuff..i do not put my hands on money or pcboards.... the only ones i put my hands are my prototype pcboards, the ones Juan and Zimmer send me for testing purposes and the ones i receive as a gift..i do not sell the stuff..but they can do that...i told them they can do that...authorized.

These folks are ordering small quantities...and this makes the price high.... so...it is a matter of people organize to order together in bigger ammounts..then the price gonna be smaller.

Here you have a video about the Dx Supply:
Dx Power Supply - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    Zimmer pcboard.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 408
All right...i gonna remove music to the next videos

I am terrible sorry....i had troubles here at my computer...the audio chip was damaged and my audio output was half muted...reason why i have not perceived the unbalance.

Now i am using USB and DAC and i have noticed the huge unbalance.

Now it is too late to change the stuff...no more masters about this recording..i will watch it to see if it is important to make it once again or not to make it once more.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• P1000881.JPG
    P1000881.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 496
Ideas are boiling...we are discussing a lot... creating a lot..changing mind a lot

I do think we gonna need two supplies..and the idea to produce twin boards (two boards in one layout for you to cut in two halves) may be abandoned because of manufacturer tools.

Gladly discussing in portuguese that is much more easy to me... Zimmer is grandson of Germans but born in South of Brasil..he speaks portuguese and his culture is not that different compared to mine of Rio de Janeiro (french culture there)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Image supply.jpg
    Image supply.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 444
My DX build, nearing its completion..but before I power this amp, I just need a few clarifications;

1) There are differences in parts values between the posted schematic and the component lay-out (Juan’s pdf). I have followed the component values on Juan's lay-out but the schematic revision of Feb. 2013 had 10ohms for the diff. emitter degen. resistors and 68ohms for the current mirror, which one was the official?

3) I have placed 130pf mica instead of 150pf for the miller cap, will it make a difference in the amps stability?

2) Lastly, will the circuit work with alternate parts? Specifically the ever abundant all-time favorite devices in my part of the world, Toshiba’s 2SC5200/A1943 or 2SC5198/A1941 for the outputs. Hitachi’s 2SD669/B649 for the drivers and Sanyo’s 2SC2911/SC3600 for Q36.

TY!

Attachments

• DX_Super_A2.jpg
    DX_Super_A2.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 400
Thank you by your confidence and preference related Dx Amplifiers

You have made the right decision.... you gonna see that soon.

You can use 130pf, this increase was made (to 150pf) because 21194 transistor that show to me some unstability..but only this one...i have tested several units and only this one was not good.

Without the huge suggested transistor you cannot use 2 ohms loads...be aware of that.

Amplifier will work fine anyway...with one or other schematic..the last one or the previous one..... the difference was the ratio in between third and second harmonics that i have increased and the last schematic is the one has the best ratio of harmonics...but this does not make the previous one bad...it is just a little bit worse in harmonics distribution but even this way much better than the majority or the competition (DIY amplifiers of this forum)

You have two channels..then change one and let the other unchanged...use the last schematic with 10 ohms you said..and them tell me if you can perceive the difference.

To check listen metals....bells, cymbals then you will perceive one is rich in harmonics (more rich)... a fat sound, more noisy than the other... you know... sounds like rain drops can sound alike eggs being fried....eggs being fried is the fat sound.

Performance will be standard if you use standard transistors...this is sensitive....VAS and Drivers are sensitive....for sure your performance will change.... replacing the drivers by your 669 i found an entirelly different performance at the simulator, another character may appear in the sound....if better or worse i cannot say as i have not these transistors, have not installed them and have not listened...but at simulators this changes a lot.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited: