MYBEST5 Jfet CFP amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
another simple idea for natural sound:)

Attachments

• MYBEST5.PNG
    MYBEST5.PNG
    54.3 KB · Views: 530
Isn't this VFB instead of CFB?

Have you heard amplifiers with this topo, in order to tell that this one is good sounding.

My next amp will very probably have a comparable topo.
See the circuit and FFT analysis.
==> FFT is done with 3V amplitude at the output

Attachments

• Jfet in -FET casc - BJT drv - bjt ops.JPG
    Jfet in -FET casc - BJT drv - bjt ops.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 475
  • Jfet in -FET casc - BJT drv - bjt ops - circuit.JPG
    Jfet in -FET casc - BJT drv - bjt ops - circuit.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 484
Hi Jay,
I always use the blackman, what specific information are you getting out of the Hann window?
See the attachement, again simulated with 0.1V input.
Greetz

Simulation is just simulation. What important is subjective performance and consistency between pictured performance and real life performance. If you can not differentiate 2 amps by looking at their FFTs, then showing FFTs has no meaning, right?

I think something is wrong with your circuit (may be from insufficient drive for the mosfet VAS). And there is also masking by noise floor.

But anyway, that's just my opinion.

"VLL"-VAS is loaded by NFB network..Triple outputs (undefined quiescent current, and CFP are very sensitive to exact setting...) outside NFB, so lot of high order distortion, and relatively high output impedance. Missing resistor between prediver´s bases..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.