Pre-Amp distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was working with the amp all day. The problem seems to be in the firmware of the amp I guess. When I switch on the amp, the problem starts as usual, the balance shifting totally towards the left channel, along with distortion. The amp has digital assigning of channels to the inputs. For eg. if I have connected my Cd player to the analogue input 1 on the amp, I need to go to the Menu & assign a Name for that input (like CD), & also the Mode (Stereo) etc. Now when I go to the set-up & assign the input for Cd as the Optical in , & immediately change it back to Analogue 1, the Amp functions alright (though with very less distortion). The Volume regains balance as normal. The problem remains upon each Restart, & has to be done as above each time I start listening. How do I resolve this??

Sounds like a power supply issue to me, or an electrolytic cap failing, thats putting DC bias into a stage causing severe clipping.

Have you got a DVM - time to take some readings, write them on the schrmatic, and then post them up here so we can give you some advice.

Page 63 of the service manual shows the Voltages to each Board. Is our prime
Area of interest only the Analog board? Will it suffice if I check the voltages on that page match the ones going to the Analog board?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.