Pilot Console 30 W Solid State Specs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm new here. I have been to a few other forums in search of help with a Pilot amp that I bought a few weeks ago. It came in a console with a Garrard 50. I haven't been able to track down specs on this. The amplifier has no visible model number, but inside I found 60-101A; however, I have not been able to find anything about this particular amplifier.

My issue is that one channel sounds fine, but the other is quiet. The inputs all work, and this problem persists no matter what the source. I have cleaned the amp, verified the circuit connections, but the problem persists.

I believe the issue is with a transistor. The model number is VFD 2475M. I have been in contact with Mouser Electric, but they do not have a match. They say that it was probably proprietary for Pilot. They said they could help match, but I'd need the specs on this amplifier... they suggested that I come here for help, so here I am.

I found the specs for some Pilot tube amps, but not for this solid state one.

I would appreciate any help in the right direction. I have this thing all taken apart on my table, and I want to get it back together to hear how it sounds when it is fully functioning.

Here are some images: Flicker Click!

I tried a transistor test and found that two transistors are suspect because... (here is a copy and paste of my test)
How to test a transistor - YouTube

So I set about to test each and every transistor on the board that I could find. These are the ones with the red, green, and yellow wire.

To compare to the video, the green seems to be B and the yellow and red are C and E (not sure which is which but for now we'll call red C and yellow E). Most of the transistors worked just like the video. +B to -C and -E gave me a connection, but not the other way around; and for most of them, C (red) E (yellow) gave very little or no connection in either direction.

But on two transistors that are identical in numeration to several others on the board, VFD 2475M, current passed readily from C+ to E- (red to yellow). One was registering more current than the other.

AND Whereas on NO other transistor would current pass from E+ to C- (yellow to red) one of these two allowed that also... the one with the higher current from red to yellow.

So the question is can I get specs or any help on this?

Thanks!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.