♫♪--My little posh Tringlophone--♪♫

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Elvee,

This is the first time I've read this thread. Neat little circuit!
Thanks

I was wondering whether there was a way to replace current source Q1, Q2 with a choke/inductor to buy back some efficiency?
In an ideal world, yes: in principle you could halve the losses; of course , in an ideal world, you don't need margins, headroom, and inductors are lossless.
The reality might be disappointing, not only from an energetic efficiency perspective: real inductors have a finite inductance, which will curtail the LF response, and even the best of the iron-cored ones have a little bit of distortion which is going to swamp that of the tringlophone, even though it has no feedback.

Looking forward to your balanced circuit... being pushpull, does it have an efficiency benefit?
Well, the blunt response is none whatsoever...

Here is a little teaser, a pic of the prototype: posting it isn't too hard of a work .
Gathering and presenting all of the info required for a reliably constructible amp is an entirely different story, which is why I procrastinated a bit (just two or three years)...
I 'll try to overcome my natural lazyness, in the coming weeks (or years?)

Attachments

• CrossPaths.jpg
    CrossPaths.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 345
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.