Puzzling out of balance problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I continue to not:confused: be able to get a centered sound stage in my system, the Lt side is always louder. Different amps, cables, buffer no buffer and currently I have the dac connected to the amp no buffer or preamp. 3 different speaker pairs and still the same, There is defiantly more sound to that side. I have swaped inputs on the amp to no avail. Any Ideas????

Does it stays the same when you are standing backwards towards your speakers :rolleyes:

No, just kidding.
Could it be the room / positioning of speakers that is causing this effect?
If I where you, I think I would connect a frequency generator at both inputs and checked whether the output signal of both channels would be identical.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It could be the room acoustics and reflections causing an image shift.

What you need to do first is prove the equipment is OK so play a test tone (say 100 to 400hz) that's recorded at a low enough level such that you can set your volume control as you normally would. Then connect a DVM on AC volts across each speaker (you need one that has moderate resolution at low level and not one that just displays 1 volt, 2 volt 3 volt etc as the level goes up). The readings should be within a few tenths of millivolts between channels.

If that is so then you have a problem with the room or possibly (and I hope not) with your hearing.

Something like a portable CD player and test disc make a good source.

Hi,

a) Swap input connections, no change ? b) swap speaker connections ?
no change ? You have an acoustics problem *. A change for a) is an
input problem and a change for b) is an amplifier problem.

rgds, sreten.

* Or a minor hearing problem, I have, I need to sit right of centre.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.