diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   I just designed an amplifier to power big speakers with small voltage! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/221158-i-just-designed-amplifier-power-big-speakers-small-voltage.html)

realflow100 8th October 2012 04:42 PM

I just designed an amplifier to power big speakers with small voltage!
 
made out of one transistor and one single resistor I am able to get a lot of bass out of two double A batteries and it sounds really clear too! in between the two batteries wired in series I have placed a resistor between two wires and now it's super loud and clear too! almost perfectly clear bass from a 12" subwoofer!
plus a little bit of subwoofer movement as well!!! (perfectly visable cone movement!) it hits down to easily 4hz! and its really powerful too! with only just two double A batteries and they're probably half dead anyways! (found one battery lying outside and picked it up off the ground)
it sounds like at least 2 watts or more cause it's pretty loud and really clear and its pumping out bass like crazy! together the batteries only get like 3 volts or less because they're probably half dead (who knows) and they're still bumping like crazy! and really clear too!
I would call it the most efficent amplifier but of course there's always something better
I modified my original amplifier design and changed where the resistor was and now it easily bumps my subwoofer pretty loud! :D I'm gonna have to take some screenshots sometime and post them so you can see what I've come up with

edit! I changed my circuit just a tiny bit and I've got a 5 volt 800mA usb power supply powering my amplifier. and I've changed the resistors around again and now I'm getting maybe 15-20 watts out of this amplifier!! It's insanely powerful!!
I'll upload a screenshot soon to show you how it is set up!

jan.didden 8th October 2012 05:48 PM

:D

jmillerdoc 8th October 2012 05:54 PM

Can we see a schematic?

DF96 8th October 2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realflow100
I changed my circuit just a tiny bit and I've got a 5 volt 800mA usb power supply powering my amplifier. and I've changed the resistors around again and now I'm getting maybe 15-20 watts out of this amplifier!! It's insanely powerful!

Nobel prize for free energy? (Or a Darwin Award?)

Mooly 8th October 2012 06:06 PM

This was your original amp I think,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...ml#post3179356

If you can post pictures of the new one and describe the connections we'll try and see what you have come up with :)

jkuetemann 8th October 2012 06:09 PM

Download LT Spice and draw us up a schematic so we can really see what you are up to.

realflow100 8th October 2012 06:11 PM

Okay just give me a minute I'll post it soon!

edit: How do I draw the transistor in the software?

Ian Finch 9th October 2012 02:58 AM

Learning to use simulation software is great idea and eventually, we will all need to use software to draft, prove and analyse our experiments. However, this takes time to learn and then to post here.

Assuming you have a scanner available, why not neatly draw your schematic with a felt pen and attach the image to your next post. That will be a lot quicker until you get up to speed with any drafting/Spice program.

AudioSan 9th October 2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realflow100 (Post 3193889)
made out of one transistor and one single resistor I am able to get a lot of bass out of two double A batteries and it sounds really clear too! in between the two batteries wired in series I have placed a resistor between two wires and now it's super loud and clear too! almost perfectly clear bass from a 12" subwoofer!
plus a little bit of subwoofer movement as well!!! (perfectly visable cone movement!) it hits down to easily 4hz! and its really powerful too! with only just two double A batteries and they're probably half dead anyways! (found one battery lying outside and picked it up off the ground)
it sounds like at least 2 watts or more cause it's pretty loud and really clear and its pumping out bass like crazy! together the batteries only get like 3 volts or less because they're probably half dead (who knows) and they're still bumping like crazy! and really clear too!
I would call it the most efficent amplifier but of course there's always something better
I modified my original amplifier design and changed where the resistor was and now it easily bumps my subwoofer pretty loud! :D I'm gonna have to take some screenshots sometime and post them so you can see what I've come up with

edit! I changed my circuit just a tiny bit and I've got a 5 volt 800mA usb power supply powering my amplifier. and I've changed the resistors around again and now I'm getting maybe 15-20 watts out of this amplifier!! It's insanely powerful!!
I'll upload a screenshot soon to show you how it is set up!

well. the voltage will hold back the power. you may have 4V at the output maybe. that is 2W peak at 8ohm. 4W peak at 4ohm.

triplej 9th October 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooly (Post 3193984)
This was your original amp I think,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...ml#post3179356

Those pic's look like UFO shots...The truth is out there...


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2