I just designed an amplifier to power big speakers with small voltage!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
made out of one transistor and one single resistor I am able to get a lot of bass out of two double A batteries and it sounds really clear too! in between the two batteries wired in series I have placed a resistor between two wires and now it's super loud and clear too! almost perfectly clear bass from a 12" subwoofer!
plus a little bit of subwoofer movement as well!!! (perfectly visable cone movement!) it hits down to easily 4hz! and its really powerful too! with only just two double A batteries and they're probably half dead anyways! (found one battery lying outside and picked it up off the ground)
it sounds like at least 2 watts or more cause it's pretty loud and really clear and its pumping out bass like crazy! together the batteries only get like 3 volts or less because they're probably half dead (who knows) and they're still bumping like crazy! and really clear too!
I would call it the most efficent amplifier but of course there's always something better
I modified my original amplifier design and changed where the resistor was and now it easily bumps my subwoofer pretty loud! :D I'm gonna have to take some screenshots sometime and post them so you can see what I've come up with

edit! I changed my circuit just a tiny bit and I've got a 5 volt 800mA usb power supply powering my amplifier. and I've changed the resistors around again and now I'm getting maybe 15-20 watts out of this amplifier!! It's insanely powerful!!
I'll upload a screenshot soon to show you how it is set up!

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Learning to use simulation software is great idea and eventually, we will all need to use software to draft, prove and analyse our experiments. However, this takes time to learn and then to post here.

Assuming you have a scanner available, why not neatly draw your schematic with a felt pen and attach the image to your next post. That will be a lot quicker until you get up to speed with any drafting/Spice program.

made out of one transistor and one single resistor I am able to get a lot of bass out of two double A batteries and it sounds really clear too! in between the two batteries wired in series I have placed a resistor between two wires and now it's super loud and clear too! almost perfectly clear bass from a 12" subwoofer!
plus a little bit of subwoofer movement as well!!! (perfectly visable cone movement!) it hits down to easily 4hz! and its really powerful too! with only just two double A batteries and they're probably half dead anyways! (found one battery lying outside and picked it up off the ground)
it sounds like at least 2 watts or more cause it's pretty loud and really clear and its pumping out bass like crazy! together the batteries only get like 3 volts or less because they're probably half dead (who knows) and they're still bumping like crazy! and really clear too!
I would call it the most efficent amplifier but of course there's always something better
I modified my original amplifier design and changed where the resistor was and now it easily bumps my subwoofer pretty loud! :D I'm gonna have to take some screenshots sometime and post them so you can see what I've come up with

edit! I changed my circuit just a tiny bit and I've got a 5 volt 800mA usb power supply powering my amplifier. and I've changed the resistors around again and now I'm getting maybe 15-20 watts out of this amplifier!! It's insanely powerful!!
I'll upload a screenshot soon to show you how it is set up!

well. the voltage will hold back the power. you may have 4V at the output maybe. that is 2W peak at 8ohm. 4W peak at 4ohm.

ok i think it will be easier if i just type out how I have it wired up instead XD since I don't have any felt pens lying around XD
ok positive power wire goes to positive speaker wire then a resistor goes between that point and the positive input wire
and the positive input wire has a capacitor in between it to remove DC from flowing backwards to the computer.
and the positive input wire goes to the transistor's 1'st lead
then the 3rd lead of the transistor goes to the negative input wire and the negative input wire also goes to the negative power wire
and the negative speaker wire goes to the middle transistor lead
I think that's it I hope I didn't forget anything!
by the way I have no clue what a UFO shot is
and my speaker is only being powered literally by a 5 volt 800mA charger cord and it shakes my desk and my computer around because it's so loud and has so much bass!! and it doesn't even get hot!!!
if I gave it 12 volts I don't know what would happen!!

I can't wait to see the schematic!!
The first, second and third transistor's leads go somewhere but we don't know whether it is the base, the collector or the emitter. We have six posibilities and don't tell me some of them are impossible because this amplifier defies the laws of electronics.

Must be someting like this....:D

Attachments

• SUPERAMP.gif
    SUPERAMP.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 528
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.