Bakoon Amplifiers ~ Slipping Under the Radar of DIY Audio.com!! - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2012, 02:21 PM   #21
Steve M is offline Steve M  Australia
diyAudio Member

Shinja ...please elaborate, warts and all?

Steve.
Old 10th October 2012, 02:29 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
snip

This is why the Bakoon amplifier baffles me, they seem to be doing something right, something that we are ALL chasing - ultimate fidelity ...

/snip
Sure, you can't argue with taste.. We all have different ways of achieving our audio nirvana, some like distortion, some don't (especially 2nd order). In my opinion this accounts for a large portion of what makes some amps "special"

Just my 2 (euro)c!
Old 10th October 2012, 02:37 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Yes Mark, and some things just sound right like the Bakoon amps...no embellishments.

Love your moniker btw ...

Steve.
Old 10th October 2012, 04:33 PM   #24
Account disabled at member's request

The Satri circuit is very much like the Krell Cast circuit. Both are just CFB topology without NFB or call them transconductace amps. In both cases I fail to see anything new but I bet there was a battle between these two for the use of the circuit.

I think Krell lost as no patent wasnt granted but they did manage trademark.

Guys have a look at the circuit shown here

Gain Module with Current Transmission Technology
Old 10th October 2012, 05:09 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

They put one of those inside an 8-legged creature: AD844

jan
Old 10th October 2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Account disabled at member's request

Excact, I was going to mention the ad844. Anyway the only difference between krell Cast and Satri seems to be that one uses Jfet and the other BJT. Perhaps interesting is that Charles Hansen proclaims the AD844 as the best sounding IC.

Last edited by homemodder; 10th October 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10th October 2012, 10:39 PM   #27
fas42 is online now fas42  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
This is why the Bakoon amplifier baffles me, they seem to be doing something right, something that we are ALL chasing - ultimate fidelity ...

Cheers,

Steve.
Hey, Steve, nothing wrong with your blog! You've just been having a good time on your audio journey, simple as that!!

The answer is very simple, which is why hardly anyone gets it ... it's attention to all the little things, the devil's in the details type of thing. In jumping from one major variation of setup to another one may fluke it, but it's unlikely to happen, most of the time. What I would recommend to anyone to do, is to stop right now, with the gear you have, do not change a single component, but work out where the weakness are in what you have, and fix 'em up ...

This is an approach I've used for 25 plus years and it's never failed me.

Again, the answer is, there is no magic bullet, and never will be!

Frank
Old 12th October 2012, 11:25 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Hi Frank,

I'm OK with all of that, its cool ...

BTW, I haven't tried all that gear because I am chasing perfection/Nirvana, just having fun hearing all the different technologies and topologies to increase my listening experiences and knowledge base and, enjoying myself along the way.

Life is short, make no assumptions, treat everyone's opinions as equal and valid and understand that we all 'hear differently' ...so there is no right or wrong in audio ;-))

Cheers,

Steve.
Old 12th October 2012, 12:07 PM   #29
DF96 is online now DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M
Life is short, make no assumptions, treat everyone's opinions as equal and valid and understand that we all 'hear differently' ...so there is no right or wrong in audio ;-))
Oh dear! I bet you don't treat all opinions as equal when you are looking for a dentist or lawyer, but go for one who actually understands teeth or the law. There is an almost infinite set of ways to build an amplifier; almost all of them don't work at all, some work badly, and a few work well. We should argue about the few which work, not the many which don't.
Old 12th October 2012, 03:20 PM   #30
demidan is offline demidan  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Hi, I agree with DF96. there are a lot of things, which ought to be solved. But the fact is -if there is the most fast and easy solution to occur -it is a bad solution.

Hide this!Advertise here!