LME49830+LatFET, yet another for design review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello DIY'ers,

I have done my own home brew version of this design. I would appreciate if anyone can look it over, comment or find mistakes or suggest improvements.
Obvoiusly, I have to thank Owen(OPC) for offering his design as inspiration to me and others,documenting his design/version and providing all the information, thanks for that. Other members, like AndrewT, have provided me with useful information as well.
In my implementation, I plan to fab in only 2-layers, as see no need for more and it is an additional expense, to take it to more layers.
I contemplated adding source resistors, but the design/layout does not have them at this point. You will notice that some large solder pads for the grounds are thermal relieved and I have purposely left it that way, so you could see the connections. I will make them full contact vias/pads when I generate the gerber data.
I placed 4 MOSFET's, but you are not required to use all 4 of them.
I also used zeners for protection, but they are also optional.
Thanks to anyone providing feedback.
I will not do one of these group buy things, as I want to make,test it to be sure and want any mistakes to me mine alone and not be responsible to others, at this time.
Okay, so I will attach some information for review, lets see how this goes, as I have never done this before.
Not so good, I am limited on what I can upload, so all we get is a schematic, I will try to load the rest in another post!!

Thanks
Rick

Attachments

• LME49830+LatFET-A0_ PAGE1.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Limited in what I can upload!!

So much for trying to load the layout information, for review, this site has some strict limits that I have to figure out how to work around!!
It is the layout information which is a critical part of the review process!!

Sorry about that, can anyone offer me some help here?

Thx Rick

Hello panson_hk,

Thanks for your review of my submission and previous work that you have submitted in this web site. It depend on how good the pairs are matched and what degree of current sharing is required. I have contemplated adding them and now with your input' I will add these ballast resistors. I found a part that I would like to use, it will be SM, OHMITE FCSL119 (5Watt)

1) Use (3) 30ohm in parallel rather than in series for the Zobel
2) Ballast resistors on source follower leads. Use Ohmite RES 0.050 5W OHM 1% FOIL WIDE (FCSL119R050FER)

Thanks
Rick

Hi Harry,

Thanks for asking, it is going slowly but I am moving along. Lots of design/layout work done so far. Yesterday I finished design/layout of the AC input assembly. I neede a soft-start for the big transformer (used from a Pioneer SX-1250) Ordered parts from Newark, they had the ALFET Latfets on sale, so will keep posting as I go.
Rick

Looks nice -- with the non-inverted mode consider using an Elna silk (audio) capacitor -- available from DK.

Bob Cordell showed a design with an OPA2604 as buffer, inverter to the "-" input. I've done this with the LM4702 and lateral mosfets and the results are really nice -- and you can omit the input coupling cap. You can easily add it onto the design at a later date once you've completed the original.

Lateral mosfets are wonderful sounding devices.

Are these types of designs an improvement over the many used MOSFET amps available for $100-200 USD?

es the biggest being perfect phase inversion so that a complimentary mosfet isn't require, these never match so this design should be about the lowet in THD in a lateral mosfet output possible.

If you order PCB's and need a groupto go in for lower cost let us know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.