LME49830+LatFET, yet another for design review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In this thread I will focus on using the LME49830 and now that I ordered them, ALF16N16W & ALF16P16W.
The Amp PCB is fitted with two pairs of them, area is only12sq in.(3.6x3.25)
This is just the simple ckt to start with & some protection, AC coupling, no servo.
Sure I can try the Elna Silmic II, I am using them in other designs, want to try Nichicon Muse types as well.
I will have separate supply for LME49830, +/- 65 to 80V
Around +/- 65-70V (No-load)for the O/P FETs., it is the Pioneer SX-1250 transformer
This design has turned into eventually being a complete receiver with MCU control.
I can probably offer PCBs, once I am all done, time will tell.
1) AC Input Assy: Soft-start, remote on/off, auxillary 3.3VDC
Designed, PCB done, parts ordered
2) LatFet/LME49830 Assy:
Designed, PCB done, parts to be ordered
3) Hi-voltage rectifier Assy:
Designed, PCB done, parts ordered
4) DC Power Supply & Protection Assy: +/- 65 to 75V, +/-15-20V,+5V
Designed, PCB done, parts to be ordered
5) USB Media, Pre-amp, Phono, AM/FM Tuner, MCU
This design is a working unit,except the phono, in portable format
For the phono, I am thinking Pearl 2 or HPS 2.0, sub BF862 jfets

Lots of work to be done but is fun to do.

Last edited:
Hi Rick,
thanks for reply,
glad to hear work is in progress,
please,if you can manage it, include "regulation on board" , tracking preregulator-design with LM317/337 works very well(see datasheet!).

I also would prefer the Bob-Cordell-Solution with a buffer (LME49990) -
to avoid the input coupling cap as "jackinnj" posted.
Regards Harry

LME49830 supply will be on another PCB, it will be LM317/337 but it will not be tracking, it will be adjustable however.
DO not want to bring unregulated DC anyway near the sensitive amplifiers.

"I also would prefer the Bob-Cordell-Solution with a buffer (LME49990)"
This will be done on another revision, sorry!!
Why do you not do this design since you are interested in it?
If I remove or short out the AC/feedback cap's then I'll need a servo, which is another design.

Something to think about, how many capacitors did the signal transverse just to get on the CD(media) , what is another couple of them if they are of good quality?

There are many options, what can I say, this is a simple PCB to start with. Once I get it going, I can look at improvements if is see/hear value in them. So many trade offs to consider as one develops a design.
Thanks for your input none the less.

Rick

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.