See Saw

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm talking about balance.

Hello everyone, wanted to ask in this forum because this could be connected, no pun intended.

I have my sub, an IB, attached to my amp via a Behringer DEQ2496 and main amp like this.

RCA sub out to XLR centre to +, GND to -, and the shield floats
XLR to Behringer in.

Behringer XLR + to RCA Center pin and - to GND, Shield floats, to sub amp.

Additional 10 ohm resistor across the Center and GND of the RCA which connects to sub amp. Impedence match.

Its fine, a little buzz, but my main gripe is clicks and pops from light switches and the refrigerator, would a capacitor somewhere help?
I did have a active Clean Box, but it was worse, also have tried Transformer passive DI Box, but so far, the above is good. I posted in this Forum, because I feel its an Impedence miss match.
thanks

Mike

Mike,
Leave your feelings behind and let's take a look. The RCA signal should go to the XLR +, and the shield to the SHIELD of the XLR. Ground the - pin. That should fix you up. You should have found a diagram in the DEQ manual.

I might mention a power line filter but that subject is as big as a book, half goos science and half snake oil.

Hummmmmmmmmmmm What?

I took the shield off at the rca to xlr at the phono end, it hummmed! Don't have shield at xlr to rca phono end!

Modified a pic, look!
Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• rca to xlr.jpg
    rca to xlr.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 87
  • xlr to rca.jpg
    xlr to rca.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 85
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.