for ultimate fidelity pushpull or single ended?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I've also taken the challenge of building an amplifier from scratch,
I started by asking questions, but there were to many to be answered in full,
I then got advice to buy a book or two on amplifier design,
I learned alot more that way, the looked at the great circuits from designers on this forum for inspiration,
Then when most of the work/research was done, asked again for answers on the final fine details on this forum again, and got fantastic help,

So I have to agree with the above post from Ian Finch,

Regards.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Fidelity and sonic quality don't seen to be the same thing....
'Agree with that. I think fidelity is a repeatably measureable comparison to the original audio source and SQ is just what you hear - or rather the impression and entertainment value you get from simply listening to audio programme with your listening conditions and equipment. There will be similarities in impressions, but the amount of coaching audiences share over impressions suggests this isn't really repeatable nor provides the same value for any of us.
Asbestos suit on! :hot:

Yea, read both Self and Cordell. I learned a ton while rebuilding a Hafler and then investigating why my RB951's sounded better on my Studio 20's than "better" amps. I must have 20 amps in SPICE and countless hours just trying to understand something as simple as a constant current source. Then just yesterday, over in the lounge, John Curl drops a small comment showing how little I know!

Dig right in. Several of the most experienced designers hang around here. They seem very happy to reward yo if you work hard at it. Remember, it has taken them about 50 years to get SS amps where they are now.

BTW, it was the speakers, not the amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.