Need help to simulate my MOSFET Amplifier using TINA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have much experience with Audio amplifier design. I found one 25W MOSFET audio amplifier circuit. 25 Watt MosFet Audio Amplifier - RED - Page2
I like to start this design with simulation. My TINA simulation get clipping at output.
The circuit is proven & working but i don't know what is wrong with the simulation...
Facts and Figures - RED

Regards
Udhay

Attachments

• tinadiag.jpg
    tinadiag.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 25W Mosfet.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 37
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I don't use TINA but the amp seems to have a voltage gain of around 70 (R7/R6) and runs on 66 volts .

So applying 2 volts peak to peak as an input will clip on those rails. Try reducing the input voltage down to say 200mv peak to peak initially and see what happens.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The gain of 70 is fine and the amp and its compensation and so on will have been designed around that figure. Although you could alter the value of R6 (increasing lowers the gain) I wouldn't do so in practice. It just means the amp has a high input sensitivity and as it says, no need for a preamp.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Not to sure about running HEXFET's with a simple resistive bias generator (the preset pot) as it will be very prone to thermal runaway. Normally a transistor vbe multiplier type circuit is used.

If you build the amp for real be very aware of this :)

Sorry, at 50% setting of the pot, the Iq of the output stage is only 75uA!

Setting the pot at 42% gives an Iq of 150mA, but as others have said, the quiescent varies wildly with temperature. This is to be expected when using VMOS FETs with no Source resistors. A proper temperature compensated bias is needed at least.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.