After seeing this my wife started why cant we use this in kitchen...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
back in the athlon xp-m era i could prepare turkish/greek coffee (edit: right on the cpu die, with a specially prepared ibrik). Tmax of 100C guaranteed that you probably wouldn't fry the cpu (since as water is at a very slow boil, it remains below 100C) and a 45W TDP (slightly higher when overclocked and overvolted) guarantee a smooth and optimally slow brewing for a perfect cup of coffee.

I miss that computer :(

Last edited:
The software setup plays a much bigger role than the hardware itself. Also, the xp-m@3 is significantly faster than the P4@3

edit: also, P4s if left unattended (as they usually are...) tend to overheat and go into clock decimation. Did you take a peek under the hood?

To clarify even further, it was the last generation 64-bit P4, LGA775. The computer was totally clean inside, and I had just upgraded the CPU from a Celeron, after cleaning up the cooler (I always rinse it under water - with the fan removed, of course). The OS was a fresh XP install with the bloat and old stuff cut out with Nlite. :) I installed the software and stuff for the owner, and just felt that the computer was way too unresponsive for my tastes. Guess I'm just spoiled with more modern hardware. I remember considering that sort of stuff to be amazing, hehe. Wasn't even particularly long ago.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.