Need most simple MOSFET amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i need MOSFET amplifier for surround sound speaker's. Anybody please suggest me a very simple MOSFET amplifier!!!

My subwoofer is 250W, so i am looking for 25W-50W amplifier. I found some circuit's in google, but i am not enough good in analog circuit. So i dont know which one is good. Please advice me...

I am looking for Class AB amplifier with less component & power supply size. Please post some working circuit or schematic link.

I am looking for like this... But i dont find the schematic diagram.. (Very simple..:p)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/179816-really-simple-lateral-mosfet-amplifier.html

This one is looking good.. Can i go with it:confused:
25 Watt MosFet Audio Amplifier - RED - Page2

The attachment has one circuit diagram without component value. will it really work????!!!

I am a beginner so i want to do the work myself.:)
It's my first Amp also....

Thanks & regards
Udhay

Attachments

• Broskie SE I-to-V Power Amplifier.png
    Broskie SE I-to-V Power Amplifier.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 907
Oh my god..:p. I am looking for an amplifier is like this.....

Lazy Cat, thanks for the very simple amplifier. The amplifier is so small, but the discussion is very lengthy...

I dont have much experience with amplifier design, so i cannot able to understand & follow the discussion. So please clear some doubt's...

1. Can i replace Lateral MOSFET with vertical MOSFET? Because it very hard to find & very expensive.
2. How much power i can get from this amp?. I hope it may vary with o/p device.Can i use IRF530 & IRF9530 or some other TO-220 package?

Thanks & regards
Udhay

It needs laterals to stay temperature stable and simple as it is. If replaced with vertikal mosfets it would require bias tempco since their transconductance raise with temperature.

Joachim Gerhard uses same simple TSSA with CCS upgrade, maybe he can help you with details.

Anyway TSSA as it is in post #1 works just fine and it can give more than 30 W on 8 ohms.

P.S. Avoid TO-220 case mosfets if output power would exceed 10 Wrms.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.