Powersupply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 4 2*33volts/500va trafos lying around. I have been looking around for a new amp and got my eyes on the tripath TP0104 modules from www.cadaudio.dk which runs on 2*95volts. I was wondering if it is possible to series connect the secondaries to get 66v ac which would give something like 90v dc. As far as i know it should be possible...? what happens to the va-rating when series connecting secondaries rated at 250 va each? Anyways the idea is to make two monoblocks each with 2 trafos (i think the tripaths also need some 12v and 5v supplys but that shouldn't be a problem). The strereo tripath powersupply sold by cadaudio is rated at 1200va. Give your thoughts...

Power supply again

But mixing the primaries up shouldn't be a problem since all af my trafos are from the same manufacturer. So its just a question of putting the secondaries right... when i come to think about there might be a description printed on the trafo telling which secondary is which...

Thanks a lot guys...:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.