Components in Protel DXP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I am trying out the demo version of Protel DXP, and was wondering if anyone can help me out here.

The default libraries have only MJE15030/15031 (and associated spice model and footprint). I would like to create the same for other power BJTs of the same foot print. and I already have the spice models.

What should I do? The online manual isn't exactly helpful. So anything you can offer is greatly appreciated.

I too have been strugling with adding components, it doesn't seem to have any motorola, on semi or toshiba power BJts almost.

So far I think I've figured out that you must create a library or add the components to an existing library. Just open the library file for say, motorola discrete BJTs and you'll see what I mean.

i learned to do it by following the turotialls. it is not very staightfoward, but go through it and you will understand. you need to make a schematic with the spice model of what you need, and load another item with the footprint of what you want as well. then you can edit the spice model with the new footprint, then compile an integrated library of your new parts and accompanying footprints. when you want to create your new pcb, you simply load your integrated library, and it will have all your spice parts and footprints in 1 library.

i believe it was the 3rd or 4th tutorial in the list on the help section. it says somethig like edditting your own components, or someting to that effect.

-chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.