1DIFFQC amplifier

Thanks Currentflow. There is a sneaky advantage of having the drivers on main heat sink and that is higher hfe. However if they are mounted on separate heat sink there is better thermal stability. +-50 unless you change the vas area transistors and out put transistors. Its a dissipation issue ( you could even give them baby heat sinks ;) )and max break down voltage issue.

Still trying to come up with a part number for a nice fuse holder. All I keep finding are simple fuse holder ends that mount on the board but they just look cheap. I would much rather have them in a holder with a base to it. I know that someone posted a picture of their amp that was the first one partially assembled with fuse holders but I am not finding that thread right now to ask that person what they were. No reason to make this thing look cheap.

Thank you for the offer Evette. I finally found some that look nice on Mouser. I wish I knew half as much as you do about all of this. I will PM you though as you seem to have answers to most of what I am asking. Still looking at the change to the output devices you have made. Did that increase the output of the amp? Need all the power I can get for my monitor speakers. I will still need to build another pair of amps for the dome tweeters as I will be bi-amping the system.

And what was that about America's sex queen? Lost me there......lol

Steven

Need all the power I can get for my monitor speakers. I will still need to build another pair of amps for the dome tweeters as I will be bi-amping the system.
Steven

Steven,
Output devices will not have much of an effect on the power, raise your rail voltages a little. Normally monitor loudspeaker are relatively small and inefficient so I would agree that a little power increase is nice, but keep in mind that if you are going active there will be an advantage in power gain since reducing the losses through the x-over by 3 dB is the same as doubling the amplifier power.

Nico,
That is a good thought, I should have been thinking about the power difference between active xo's and passive. I was using a 200watt per channel amplifier to drive the monitors. That was enough to get to obscene SPL levels so 100 watts of clean power should handle the mid/bass drivers. The voice coils should easily handle 150 watts as per my discussion with the people who wind them for me so I am in the safe zone.

Hello Everybody,, A quick update 1-on the first channel that I builded I used TIP142 transistors I enjoyed the sound very much my supply was at 37-+ volts. Then I try Changing my outputs and I used another suppy 45-+ The outputs are now MJH6284
Now this amp has come alive The bass takes you to the center of the earth and the highs put you on cloud 9. You,ll end up listening to your whole collection of music again.

Hi Mr.Harrison,

Your Amp has a very good review and i would like to built this. How can I get your PCB? Can you advise me? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyet