1DIFFQC amplifier - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2012, 08:52 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evette View Post
Hello Mr.Nico Ras, first of all I should explain that this 1 channel was built using all junk parts that were collected over many years you know old tv sets radios anything I couls salvage. I haven,t collected information from others or mr. harrison. Nor have I read any power supply thread. The changes I made werte because I wanted to really open this amp up,,The pcb,s that Mr. Harrison was so kind to give to me I felt that he had given me the tools to begin with so I simply took it to the next level. Evette
Thank you for your honesty and opinion Evette
Old 16th September 2012, 11:20 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Harrison,
A couple of questions for you or anyone else. I found a discrepancy between another part number on the BOM, C3 & C12 are supposed to be 33uF capacitors. The parts I received are 47uF instead and read as part # PLV1J470MDL1TD. I am coming up with UEP1J330MPD-ND but not sure if this is correct? What should the correct number be. Also I ended up with the wrong fuse holders for the boards. Does anyone have the part number for the correct parts? Otherwise I am close to completing the boards, just wondering if I am going to change the output transistors to what Evette is using..... Haven't built the power supply so it would be a perfect time to change devices. I am thinking that with the devices Evette is using the output power is also increasing, is that correct or is it just running on a higher voltage?

Last edited by Kindhornman; 16th September 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 17th September 2012, 04:45 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This amp can really swing the current. Evette
I was waiting for you to say that It packs a punch.
Old 17th September 2012, 04:48 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindhornman View Post
Harrison,
A couple of questions for you or anyone else. I found a discrepancy between another part number on the BOM, C3 & C12 are supposed to be 33uF capacitors. The parts I received are 47uF instead and read as part # PLV1J470MDL1TD. I am coming up with UEP1J330MPD-ND but not sure if this is correct? What should the correct number be.
Yes use the 47 uf. Did not find the 33 uf with the specs needed.
Old 17th September 2012, 06:12 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hello Everybody,, A quick update 1-on the first channel that I builded I used TIP142 transistors I enjoyed the sound very much my supply was at 37-+ volts. Then I try Changing my outputs and I used another suppy 45-+ The outputs are now MJH6284
Now this amp has come alive The bass takes you to the center of the earth and the highs put you on cloud 9. You,ll end up listening to your whole collection of music again.
Quote:
If You built anything in life Please put this amp on top of your list. Evette
Quote:
IThis amp t,s 33K per rail. This amp can really swing the current. Evette
Hi Evette,

A friend of mine in Seattle would like to listen to your amp. Or you could make him one as he cannot assemble PM me.
Old 17th September 2012, 06:29 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Harrison that is a pretty long distance to hear those amps, Washington to Canada... But perhaps Sarah Pallin could hear over that distance, she could probably see your house from hers......
Old 17th September 2012, 06:38 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Evette,
I looked on the site for those mjh6284 transistors and I assume that you had the earlier case configuration. The ones that are available as of June of this year are different but I am not sure that it would make any difference? Is the case the only difference and is the heat transfer going to be affected by the larger case on the device? I'm a babe in the woods on understanding all the factors of choosing a power transistor and I can see the Darlington circuit in the schematics but I will need to read much more before I would know one designs advantage over another. I am counting on the smart people here to steer me right. The more clean power I can get out of the design the better as I am working with loudspeakers with great frequency response and low efficiency of about 86db at 1 watt and 4 ohms. I also have the same in an 8 ohm voicecoil but the efficiency is about identical with the change of impedance as the weight of the voicecoil makes them about even.

Steven
Old 17th September 2012, 06:55 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
But perhaps Sarah Pallin could hear over that distance, she could probably see your house from hers......

A lot of members are missing out because they cannot assemble these amplifiers. They would prefer modules or complete builds. I welcome constructive ideas on how to fix this Inorder for me to focus on research rather than these issues I need partners

Last edited by OnAudio; 17th September 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 17th September 2012, 08:24 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

I understand Harrison. I am in the middle of a beryllium dome tweeter development project and what am I doing building an amplifier? But I am learning so it is worth much to me in that regards.

Not to be racist in the least. but Chinese hands would build it cheaper than all the rest of us are going to do this for.......
Old 17th September 2012, 09:01 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I am in the middle of a beryllium dome tweeter development project and what am I doing building an amplifier? But I am learning so it is worth much to me in that regards.
The universe has many mysteries, could it be possible that the success of the tweeter will be hinged on that amplifier <joking>

Hide this!Advertise here!