Need help ESP Project 101 (Found schematic by Google seach)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is so much work to build an amp that one needs at least some help to consider starting a project. For me, that minimum stimulation is to have reasonably priced pcbs. That's where ESP boards come in. But I also understand young people that have surplus of energy. For them making a board is fun and an interesting way to learn electronics.

Ivan,
I happen to agree with you in a sense. If someone wants to look at let's say a commercial product and try their hand at making a reproduction of that for themselves to learn by, I agree that we can all learn things this way. From there we usually start to modify things to see what changes happen. This is all part of the learning experience, and I imagine that even RodE did this very early on when he first started to play with electronics. But this is a one time thing and only for ourselves, not to be duplicated and sold or distributed to any others. That is where the posting on ESP's circuit boards and schematics are incredibly wrong. That goes without saying that someone would attempt to patent someone else's patented or copy-written works, that is just criminal to me. But if you blatantly do copy someone else's work I surely wouldn't expect that person to give you a hand at it or to help out in any regard unless you first asked that person if you could do that and told them what your purpose was in learning only. Perhaps then you could create a mentor/student relationship where there is no hard feelings or feelings of betrayal. If someone wants to learn the techniques of producing a printed circuit board there are kits for that and I have looked at that also. That in itself to me is just that, a learning experience as it sure looks like the cost to do that is much more than buying a set of boards, and can never compete with having this done by a commercial producer of even single boards. It is only to learn from, not to do something that you just shouldn't do like copying someone else's copy-written work which most legitimate board houses would refuse to do.

I guess the same goes for cloning a KRELL and all the other illegal things going on here and everywhere else in the world. Everyone in the world should be sued by everyone else or jailed for copying something someone else did, draw, said, thought or wrote. If it cannot be proven beyond a doubt that you are profiting from someone else's patent, what is there to sue for? Zero as a percentage of zero profit is quite affordable actually.

However, it is unethical and I maintain that you should contact Rod directly for information, it is his product and if we help you we are just as unethical. There is nothing on Rod's site that prohibits anyone from doing his own thing, it is in the public domain. Rod encourages you to buy his products because that is what puts bread on his table. Think of it you have just cost him a meal and asking for more free information from us would be even more unfair to him.

If you cannot work out what to do with it then you should not have nicked it.

there is one major difference here Nico ... Krell done absolutely nothing for the diy community while ESP offered and offers so much .... so yes i see it as a duty to protect Rod's work in any possible way .

Just to remind how many people asked me so far in this forum (pm's also ) for P3A boards and i refused or suggested to get original or """do your own if you like """

In a local level Greek forums its alike and eventhough Rod will never find out i share the same politics also there, and trust that get plenty of requests for P3A P68 or P101... since i ve been working quite a lot around these circuits , posted a few ideas and impressions but never pcb .

Idea remains the same ....Get original , work hard to make your own and let us see how good you are ....

kind regards sakis

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.