yamaha m60 power supply issues - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2012, 07:20 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question yamaha m60 power supply issues

Hi folks, first time posting having an issue with a repair on the way to an upgrade on a yamaha m-60 amp. My power supply tansformer is reading low about 5v on the LB's and 12v down on the HB. Suggestions as to something other than replace the pws. The owner that i rescued this amp from started the carnage by installing the 50v ripple caps backward. I have since replaced 4 output transistors, 3 input transistors, some s1115', 2240's, 5 caps 4 resistors, zeners and signal diodes. and all four ripple caps with new panasonics. I have no Leds or haven't been able to engage the y101 relay. I was unaware incorrectly installing the ripple caps could take out a power supply. Out of circuit it is low on everything. In circuitit is not even close to the schematics values. If some is knowledgeable about the yamahas i waould surely appreciate some guidance. I was given with the amp a bag of parts within was all the other caps all elna's and nichicons along with most of the diodes and transistors. I have reflowed the board and pulled each piece and verufied out of circuit. But this powers supply in circuit behaves as if there is a dead short. I have found no other blown parts. I'm a novice and have recapped and modded two other yamahas and have a basic understanding of electronics. Stumped in Albuquerque, Nanooker

Hide this!Advertise here!