Which Subamp? (P68,IRS2092,Thermaltrak)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently cleaning up my audio chain. The front-amp's are 99% finished, the Sub-Sat filter is in a nice enclosure too and now I am thinking of cleaning up my Subamp. I have a 8 ohms subwoofer driver so for some power I need quite a lot of voltage.

I currently have a IRS2092 pcb with a psu of 2*70Vdc rails. I can of course reuse that pcb, but I want to look at other options too.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/191739-my-design-l20d-irs2092-irfi4020h-200w8r.html

I have interest in the ESP P68 amp, since I have some spare MJL21193/4's
300/500W Subwoofer Power Amplifier

Another option is going with Thermaltrak transistors since I have many of them. Maybe combining with a LME49810/1 or LME49830 is a good option.
Initial Series

Going cheap&easy is using the IRS2092 PCB I have
Going easy is ordering the PCB's for the Thermaltraks
Going "all the way" is designing a PCB layout and using the MJL21193/4 in a P68-like design or the Thermaltraks in combination with a LME49810/1

The options are there, but which one should I go for?

Hmmz, the "all the way" option is going fast. Maybe that's a sign.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 339
I am still testing the P68. Harmonics are high. Is there a way of improving this. Maybe force the bias up or is this true class B?
Testing is currently done on a powersupply with lax +/- 35Vdc. Will incresin the supplyvoltage automatically increase the bias?

Sure, even harmonics can be reduced with more feedback. Using an active current source with the Vas and a Current-Mirror for the diff pair will raise the OLG quite a bit. Why not just stick a Ne5532 in front of it (as stock), it would be a lot simpler.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.