please advice capacitor for my power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
i am newbie.

i am guitar player , not hifi. but i like to mod the guitar amp, effector. i believe good capacitor sound better.

i own this cioks pedal power supply. it come with jamicon caps. i change it to nichicon FW finally. but i find out it sound bad than jamicon cap. too much bass, less mid. i don't like it.

before, i don't know much, i just know lot of people say blackgate is the best of cap. so i just bought blackgate. now, i find out other cap sometime sound better. like using in power supply, the urgly look of panasonic FR, nichicon HE is sound better than nichicon FW.

now, i try nichicon HE, panasonic FM, BC 038 , 146 and 136. i think pansonic FM is better. but it is not 100% better than jamicon. i bought rubycon ZL,ZLH and ZLJ, and nichicon VZ and panasonic FR and FK. will try later.

do you mind to suggest more cap for me?

0C158004-9ACD-4FD3-897C-8E081EDDD10A-4844-0000022114599F5F.jpg

F3F36A19-F374-466A-A390-AC675405516D-4844-0000022117BCADD1.jpg

This looks like a simple power supply for several petals. I think changing parts at random here is not useful. Do the petals have regulators or are they relying on this supply for clean power? I don't see rectifiers, is this an AC or DC supply?

You say it sounds worse. What sounds worse?

Successful mods require a lot of thinking. What do you think you know how to do better than the manufacturer? In many cases it is the willingness to pay for better parts. That may not always work because the weakness may be design not parts. Step one is to get the schematic and think about the overall system.

I believe this unit is good. Because lot of people use it. It is DC output, I just want to change the cap and get better sound. Original sound is fine. I think jamicon is not a good cap, so I want to change it.

After changing nichicon FW, bass and treble is better than jamicon. But the less mid. Mid is very important for guitar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.