Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2012, 02:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Desktop AMP/DAC - ideas please

Basically I want to make a desktop (PC speakers) amp / DAC . I donít want it to big , would even be nice I f could combine say one of the Speakers with the AMP and one with DAC, or of course make a nice miniature stack system. But I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a simple but excellent sounding small form system. I was thinking of reverse engineering a pair of SoundBlaster speakers, they have a built in amp. Or I have a 12 year old Sony MD/CD player with active speakers, itís a gorgeous little retro chrome box with D shaped speakers, Iíll take some pictures when I get 5 mins. But has anyone any other suggestions , Iím just doing my discovery phase, to see whatís out there that people might recommend.

Hide this!Advertise here!