Krell KSA 250 bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

Does anyone know how to set the bias on a Krell KSA 250 amplifier? I own two of them; an original and a later one where Krell increased the standing bias. I would like to decrease the bias in the later one to match the earlier. I like the sound and lower heat dissapation of the earlier better.

Thanks,
Will

No ones answered, the next best thing that i`ve done is use my hands on the heat sinks, you can get them very even when felling for the same heat. Takes alot more time but gets the current draw on each channel even. My gauge for a good amount of class A, (on a Theshold S300/2 class a/ab optical bias) is that i can leave the palms of my hands on the hottest part of the heat sinks for 5 or 6 seconds before it becomes uncomfortable, this is done on a ambient room temp of 30 degrees C.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.