Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Hafler Iris remote control
Hafler Iris remote control
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th August 2012, 02:08 AM   #1
BigBlackCDs is offline BigBlackCDs  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hafler Iris remote control

Does anybody have the schematic for the Hafler Iris remote control? Mine is damaged from leaking batteries and at least one IR LED has to be replaced. [Added 8/15: Never mind the schematic. Just a diagram or photo showing where the battery leads are connected will do.]

Last edited by BigBlackCDs; 15th August 2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: desperate for any crumb of info
Old 11th August 2012, 12:59 PM   #2
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Fix your remote

Good luck finding a schematic.
I am sure you can use any 950nm IR LED, such as Vishay types TSAL7200,Mouser 782- TSAL7200
Battery leaking, well clean up and try to salvage or "macgyver" a mechanical solution. Buy a cheap battery holder and use the contacts to replace the ones the battery acid corroded.

Good Luck
Rick
Old 12th August 2012, 03:27 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Red face SNAFU

Good advice, rsavas . What I now need is a wiring diagram or a photo of the board, not a schematic. Since the battery leakage corroded off a battery holder lead, I ordered a new one and removed the old leads. (I also got a Liteon LTE-302 IR LED to replace one with visible internal corrosion.) The new parts took so long to arrive that I forgot where the battery leads go. I went ahead and soldered them in where it seemed obvious today, but failed to notice that those points were shorted by a forward-biased diode. Now I'm looking for a new diode and wondering where the leads should have been. Anybody have a photo or diagram of this board?
Old 15th August 2012, 06:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Bump, just this once.
Old 17th August 2012, 05:19 PM   #5
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Fixing your remote

Looks as if you are going to have to do some reverse engineering to figure out your supply and grounds for the battery lead connections. I would assume most remotes have no regulators and run striaght off the batteries, so look for traces that go to multiple places.

Good Luck
Rick

Hafler Iris remote controlHide this!Advertise here!