HCA 1200 II bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just a curiosity question... this amp has 2 trim pots per channel (TVR101 and TVR102), but is DC servo and the DC offset has no adjustment, correct? if one is bias voltage, curious as to the purpose of the second.
sorry if it is obvious as i am pretty inexperienced in topology.

thanks

steve

Head over to the lounge and ask Mr. Curl nicely. He will say two things for sure. The adjustments are VERY touchy, so unless you know what you are doing, paws out. The second is they were never right from the factory.

Can't wait to hook mine up to my new SEAS speakers I just finished.

Head over to the lounge and ask Mr. Curl nicely. He will say two things for sure. The adjustments are VERY touchy, so unless you know what you are doing, paws out. The second is they were never right from the factory.

Can't wait to hook mine up to my new SEAS speakers I just finished.
i have already adjusted the bias. both channels were approx. 2 - 2.5 mV low. i let each channel set for a few hours and re-checked setting every once in a while to try and gauge stability. and yes the pots are touchy. i will recheck after a couple of days usage...

perhaps i will wander over there..... he already gets asked so many questions and i have seen him state over and over that he is not responsible for all of the final design, so i don't really want to bother him directly with a question from a complete noob.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.