TT amp, 200W/8ohm, 701W/2ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• TT_amp1.jpg
    TT_amp1.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 288
I will build this. Please give your opinion to optimize it. But I can not go to more complex than this, although it can give a little bit of performance rising. I am sorry for my bad English.

It looks quite stable with PM of 76 degree, and GM of 40 dB.
Just your Tian probe current source is up side down, I did that error before.

ps. If you want 200 W/8ohm you need to increase power supply voltage to +-70V.
I suggest to run the drivers with more current not just 20 mA, I would run it at 50 mA min.

Last edited:
It looks quite stable with PM of 76 degree, and GM of 40 dB.
Just your Tian probe current source is up side down, I did that error before.

ps. If you want 200 W/8ohm you need to increase power supply voltage to +-70V.
I suggest to run the drivers with more current not just 20 mA, I would run it at 50 mA min.

Can you send me the "right" asc file?
If the prototype work correctly, I will try use +-70V power supply, but right now I have trouble to get output transistor. May be I can change them with more popular type here.
Yes, I will run it to minimize crossover distortion, or may be a little over bias.
Btw, thank you Dadod for helping me using LTspice.

Can you send me the "right" asc file?
If the prototype work correctly, I will try use +-70V power supply, but right now I have trouble to get output transistor. May be I can change them with more popular type here.
Yes, I will run it to minimize crossover distortion, or may be a little over bias.
Btw, thank you Dadod for helping me using LTspice.

I did not change your schematic, just reverse Ii current source(arrow up).

.......... If you want 200 W/8ohm you need to increase power supply voltage to +-70V..............
Why so high?

200W into 8ohms requires 56.6Vpk to the load.

I have reported just over 170W into 8r0 using unregulated (40,0,40Vac, mains transformer+rectifier+smoothing) PSU @ +-58.5Vdc.

I can't understand why you think you need another 11.5V on the supply to increase the output by just 4.3V (from 52.3Vpk to 56.6Vpk)

Why so high?

200W into 8ohms requires 56.6Vpk to the load.

I have reported just over 170W into 8r0 using unregulated (40,0,40Vac, mains transformer+rectifier+smoothing) PSU @ +-58.5Vdc.

I can't understand why you think you need another 11.5V on the supply to increase the output by just 4.3V (from 52.3Vpk to 56.6Vpk)

I you want to have relatively undistorted 200W/8 you need +-60V at that power, so with no load it should be, let say, +-65V as it will sag under full load.
Maybe +-70 V is a bit to much, depends of the transformer used(VA).

I you want to have relatively undistorted 200W/8 you need +-60V at that power, so with no load it should be, let say, +-65V as it will sag under full load.
Maybe +-70 V is a bit to much, depends of the transformer used(VA).
I used 40+40Vac, 1kVA for a two channel 310W+310W into 4r0+4r0.

I suspect a 45+45Vac would get to at least 220W into 8r0.
42Vac or 43Vac would probably achieve the 200W target.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.