need cross reference for HK 330b amplifier transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need cross reference for amplifier transistor for my Harmon Kardon 330b. It is marked Sanken C1107 4NY. I checked the Sanken discontinued parts page and didn't find a match. Also tried a couple of the cross reference search engines. No luck.

Thanks in advance for any other ideas.

The 2SC1107 is named according to a Japanese semiconductor scheme that might date back to 1960.

The digit is one less than the number of wires on the device

1S---- Is used for diodes (2 wires)

2S---- Is used for 3 terminal devices such as bipolar transistors and FETs

The letter after the S specifies the device family:

2SA---- PNP bipolar transistor, RF or high frequency
2SB---- PNP bipolar transistor, audio frreauency
2SC---- NPN bipolar transistor, RF or high frequency
2SD---- NPN bipolar transistor, audio frequency

2SJ---- FET, junction type. (JFET)
2SK---- FET, MOSFET

the numbers were assigned consecutively over more than 30 years. So a 2SB33 dates from about 1962, but a device with a 4 digit number 2SD2222 is no older than the late 1980's

Most of the data sheet archives and search results can find data for nearly all of these devices

-EB

I have a stack of japanese transistor and diode data books, and transistor cross reference guides. The cross reference guide shows 6 crosses.
2SC3851
2SD526
2SD288
2SD313
2SC1816
2SC1061
If it is used as an output, not a driver, I would use a 2sc1986. Replace both as a pair in the output. The PNP mate to the 2sc1986 is a 2sa771.
Need anything else?

...Need anything else?

Yep! I'm looking for a good replacement for the pre-amp pair 2SA777 and 2SC1509. I discovered on another forum the 2SA1015 and 2SC1815 respectively but cannot source the '1015. I could simply source a replacement but I'd like some informed advice as to a good matching pair to get my 330B back on line.

It's also been suggested to replace the power supply cap's. Any advice as to the best ones to replace?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.