Erm, what is mine?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello folks, I'm going to show my ignorance now.

I have a Cambridge Audio C500 / P500 Pre/Power-Amp combination.

My question is simple, is this a Solid State amp or a Chip amp? I've try'd google but to no avail.

Once I know what type mine is, I'll know which part of the forum to post my next dumb question in.

Cheers. :eek:

Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply.

A copy of the service manual would be very greatfuly received if at all possible.

Are darlington outputs reasonable? I've been happy with it's sound over the years so if they are a rather rudimentary product then things can only get better. :)

Anyway, I'd better post a new thread with my next dumb question.

Thanks again. :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Sorry I dont have of that particular model, I have A500. The internals are probably the same as my schematics for the amp circuit seem the same as the schematics posted here for the P500. I could send these if you like.
Darlington outputs are fine by me, there are those that frown apon it, mostly as performance with other topologies can be better, note this is performance as measured. Sanken make very good darlingtons these days, far better than yesteryear.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Drop me your email address as pm and Ill email it to you.
The particular darlingtons on that model were a little troublesome, that is if you were driving the amp hard and into 4 ohm speakers. They did tend to blow but the manufacturer has come up improved parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.