Ebay L150W FET Power Amplifier Board IRFP240*6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's certainly an "economical" quasi design - so economical there are no source resistors for current sharing among the output Mosfets :eek:. The drivers need to be better but it all depends on what you want it for. If you don't need hi-fi and just want a big, cheap amp. but don't plan to drive it hard into low impedance or difficult loads, it's good value and may last and sound just fine.

If thats the case then these boards are out of the question. What i want is power at least over 125w 8ohm. And hifi sound.

The reason i was looking at these is because it can run on 70vdc. I have a 625w torodial transformer with 2x48vac bindings that i want to use for a Class A or AB amp.

Do uou have any suggestions for a CLass A or AB amp that runs either on 48VAC or 70VDC?? With desent sound quality.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Quasi's nMOS 350 design would seem close to the Ebay design but it will likely perform better in power, sound and reliability. If you want best sound with Mosfets, IME, complementary designs are more common and easier to achieve lower distortion and hi-fi with. That's technical performance, not necessarily subjective sound quality. There are always such designs here among the forum threads - some look excellent but there are Ebay versions too if the compromises are acceptable for the asking price. That's your decision if you don't want to DIY.

I don't think we can make general recommendations about sound quality when the distortion is approaching 0.1% - Some people will admit that it may sound good and others will hate it, sometimes just because they fear their ideal system will be judged imperfect. :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.