Looking for thread with the attached image

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would anyone know which thread the following image is attached to
mospower2.jpeg ?
It shows an NE5532 driving a pair of power transistors.
Thanks.

Attachments

• mospower2.gif
    mospower2.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 180
I vaguely remember that there were some comments about the sound of this circuit application. If I am not mistaken there was some mention of the LME driver chips also. I want to read through the whole thread but can't find it.
I think the thread was about an opamp driven power stage as shown in the diagram but have no proper recollection of what the rest of the info was.
Thanks Nico.
Ashok.

Last edited:
Hi Nico,
Thanks a lot for putting up that link. I did read that (or similar ?) on EDN long ago but don't remember if I saved it. It was about getting higher output voltages from a regular opamp.
Anyway this one is fine and thanks for the link which I have now saved.......and hope to remember where it is when I want to refer to it again !:D

Jay...BINGO ! You nailed it. That's exactly what I was looking for.
I remembered AR4's reference to the 'rim shot' !
I've been listening to a Bryston 3BST and comparing it with a Creek 5350, my own amp and several others that I have around. The Bryston has tremendous low end and 'bite' on transients. Mine is also good but the very low end it noticeably 'lighter' ! Creek is good too but sounds different.......not as good as the Bryston. Creek's low end also sounds extended ! It's not 'more' bass but sounds as if the low end is more extended.
I then heard the Bryston bi-amped with another Bryston driving a Totem-1. Source was a Bryston CD player. Superb !

AR4 didn't mention anything about the low end. Just about the 'rim shots'.
None of this will show up in usual measurements. One has to listen to it to hear it. I might have to build one to see if it can do what the Bryston did !:D

I had stripped the Bryston to pieces as I was fixing a problem and had a good look at how things were done. Bryston support is fantastic ! They sent me required information for the machine I was trying to fix within an hour of emailing them ........and it was late at night here. Never had such response from any other manufacturer. I think I will buy a Bryston eventually !;)

That is if Pavels' amp isn't as good.........Cheers Pavel !:D and thanks to AR4 for sharing his results and Jay for getting me back on track !

Cheers guys. I've just finished cooking dinner , am on my third drink and am listening to 'Bread' . Slow music ,but somehow sounds incredible just now....must be the ambience which is also affected seriously by. my net link with this forum and your posts !.
Chhheeers !...... Maybe I should go and eat dinner and call it another happy diy day ! ;)

Hi Nico,
Nothing wrong with Bread. They belong to my favourite's list !
I was playing the best of Bread and it has Guitar-Man which is a great song.
I have some vinyl too ! I've been playing more of them than I have in the past. The recording sounds excellent too. Played some older America and Loggins and Messina albums too ! Sounding great now !

Just revamped my power amp and things sound even better. Maybe just my excitement too , listening to all my older albums ! ;)

More excitement because my new Open Baffle is coming up with a large 18 inch bass driver. It's a 3 way and wonder how it will eventually sound. Lots of work left.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.